Update
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 03:38:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18
Author Topic: Update  (Read 58475 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2009, 12:47:04 AM »

I think that it might be time to focus on Christmas or something.

No.  The almighty Wal-Mart tells us to focus on "back-to-school."  That is what we shall focus on!!!
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2009, 12:48:46 AM »

This sh**t is hilarious.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2009, 11:42:10 AM »

You're a fellow stutterer? I did not know that. Cool!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2009, 11:57:38 AM »

Why do you insist on picking on the guy?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2009, 12:13:01 PM »

I would not wait for her to call of August 1 just to set a date to talk a week later. Honestly, if it's already been two weeks, postponing it another week is just downright foolish. You'll be playing right into her hands of buying more time.

I'd call her right now and tell her if she doesn't call you back by the end of the day, it is over and you want your ring back. Don't give her another weeks, or another three days. August 1 is still two weeks away. This story is getting ridiculous and it beginning to make me angry just reading it. This woman obviously has issues and is being extremely unfair and disrespectful to you. Take a stand. Call her NOW. If she still ignores you, move on. Don't be the sick overly needy puppy that she feels like she can control. Right now you are letting her do that.

Honestly ... this is your FIANCE. If she is disappearing for 3 weeks and telling you not to bother her, something is very, very wrong. Be the man and take charge.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2009, 03:05:43 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2009, 03:08:49 PM by Brian from Family Guy »

I would not wait for her to call of August 1 just to set a date to talk a week later. Honestly, if it's already been two weeks, postponing it another week is just downright foolish. You'll be playing right into her hands of buying more time.

I'd call her right now and tell her if she doesn't call you back by the end of the day, it is over and you want your ring back. Don't give her another weeks, or another three days. August 1 is still two weeks away. This story is getting ridiculous and it beginning to make me angry just reading it. This woman obviously has issues and is being extremely unfair and disrespectful to you. Take a stand. Call her NOW. If she still ignores you, move on. Don't be the sick overly needy puppy that she feels like she can control. Right now you are letting her do that.

Honestly ... this is your FIANCE. If she is disappearing for 3 weeks and telling you not to bother her, something is very, very wrong. Be the man and take charge.

I don't know how many of us can tell him that.  By now my mom and/or sister would have whooped this girl's ass if I were in his situation.  Then again I would have demanded the ring back already.

God does not want this to be.  She has had relations in the past obviously.  BushOK is a virgin saving himself.  It's a mismatch.  Get ring.. sign up for Match/eHarmony, start dating.  And this next one wait at least 6 months, preferably a year before any talk of engagement.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2009, 05:23:31 PM »

Wow

It gets even better.

Waits for Walter to call me self righteous even as Flyers claims to speak for God.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

God doesn't want virgins and non-virgins together? Uh...

For the record, I agree with the rest of the sentiment here. I'm worried that you're letting her walk all over you now, BushOK.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2009, 07:25:12 PM »

Wow

It gets even better.

Waits for Walter to call me self righteous even as Flyers claims to speak for God.

For the record, I agree with the rest of the sentiment here. I'm worried that you're letting her walk all over you now, BushOK.

I said that because he acts like he's going for the purer, religious types when it fact I'm seeing things that say the opposite.  He either has to really find a pure, chaste religious type or like in 40 Year Old Virgin- "Bang some hoodrats" for experience.  If BushOK hasn't seen the movie yet, I'd recommend it.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2009, 07:29:28 PM »

Wow

It gets even better.

I said that because he acts like he's going for the purer, religious types when it fact I'm seeing things that say the opposite.  He either has to really find a pure, chaste religious type or like in 40 Year Old Virgin- "Bang some hoodrats" for experience.  If BushOK hasn't seen the movie yet, I'd recommend it.
holy lol dude BushOK is not going be taking your advice on this. It would be pretty comical if he did though. There could be a movie made about it probably.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2009, 08:04:58 PM »

Wow

It gets even better.

holy lol dude BushOK is not going be taking your advice on this. It would be pretty comical if he did though. There could be a movie made about it probably.

He should take his ring proceeds and head to the Bunny Ranch in the Nevada desert.  Ever see Cathouse on HBO?  Hey, they cater to virgins.  It was hilarious when this mom brought her 19 year old son there to lose his virginity.  They're clean AND hot, but can be costly.  It would be his new Baptism and well worth the cost.  I would love Isabella. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2009, 08:15:09 PM »

He should take his ring proceeds and head to the Bunny Ranch in the Nevada desert.  Ever see Cathouse on HBO?  Hey, they cater to virgins.  It was hilarious when this mom brought her 19 year old son there to lose his virginity.  They're clean AND hot, but can be costly.  It would be his new Baptism and well worth the cost.  I would love Isabella. 

I'm literally speechless with you sometimes. It's your mix of genuine trash (which makes me think you're very serious here) with some clearly over-the-top comments (which makes me think some of this is an act).

Either way, he's not taking your advice so you can take a break now.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2009, 08:22:44 PM »

I'm literally speechless with you sometimes. It's your mix of genuine trash (which makes me think you're very serious here) with some clearly over-the-top comments (which makes me think some of this is an act).

Flyers just doesn't understand that not everyone is as obsessed and fixated with sex as he is, not to mention that they might not value it as so worthless as to give away their virginity to some prostitute in a loveless, mechanistic act solely for the basis of being able to say that "they've done it."
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2009, 08:31:36 PM »

Flyers just doesn't understand that not everyone is as obsessed and fixated with sex as he is, not to mention that they might not value it as so worthless as to give away their virginity to some prostitute in a loveless, mechanistic act solely for the basis of being able to say that "they've done it."

YOU SOUND LIKE YOU'RE A "NICE GUY"

REMEMBER, NICE GUYS DON'T GET ANY

YOU'VE GOTTA BE A JERK, OR ELSE SHE'LL BE "PROCESSING"
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2009, 08:40:27 PM »

I know it riles you up buddy.  Of course he won't, well this part of it anyway.  Gotta add some comedic value to this misery.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2009, 09:03:35 PM »

I don't know how many of us can tell him that.  By now my mom and/or sister would have whooped this girl's ass if I were in his situation.  Then again I would have demanded the ring back already.

God does not want this to be.  She has had relations in the past obviously.  BushOK is a virgin saving himself.  It's a mismatch.  Get ring.. sign up for Match/eHarmony, start dating.  And this next one wait at least 6 months, preferably a year before any talk of engagement.

Sometimes he can't listen to his mom or sister. He has to take things into his own hands and make something happen or end this. This is the second time an engagement has fallen apart. Something is wrong. I hate reading this and listening to him be hopeful when we all know how this story is going to end.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2009, 09:40:35 PM »

Wow

It gets even better.

If Republicans can speak for the Lord, why can't Flyers? He's trying to help Okie out there.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2009, 10:23:18 PM »

Sometimes he can't listen to his mom or sister. He has to take things into his own hands and make something happen or end this. This is the second time an engagement has fallen apart. Something is wrong. I hate reading this and listening to him be hopeful when we all know how this story is going to end.

Somebody's gotta pull the blinders off him and it certainly won't be one of us.  We can only suggest. 
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2009, 10:29:24 PM »

God is an American and is registered under a political party?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2009, 10:29:44 PM »

God is a Republican, I thought that was made abundantly clear by now.  Sheesh, Democrats are so intellectually inferior.

Well I know this for a fact. I see Jesus from time to time around Kiawah (he vacations there in the summer), and he confirmed that Heaven endorsed McCain in 2008, as well as every other Republican candidate since the Lord sent Abe Lincoln to found it in 1856.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2009, 10:40:18 PM »

God is a Republican, I thought that was made abundantly clear by now.  Sheesh, Democrats are so intellectually inferior.

Well I know this for a fact. I see Jesus from time to time around Kiawah (he vacations there in the summer), and he confirmed that Heaven endorsed McCain in 2008, as well as every other Republican candidate since the Lord sent Abe Lincoln to found it in 1856.

Thy Lord said BushOK should call his fiancee on August 1st, but some nuance in the Book of Revelations calculated by the days of his birthday from the beginning of the year says he should call on August 8th because something good and great will come about from that.  And then the Rapture will cumeth forth!

This is too funny, but I hate doing it at his expense. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »

Gotta add some comedic value to this misery.

Uh...not really. The guy is experiencing serious problems.

If Republicans can speak for the Lord, why can't Flyers? He's trying to help Okie out there.

Too bad I don't believe that...and that would be not believing the GOP speaks for the Lord and that Flyers isn't trying to help the guy. He just wants to tell stories and think of himself as an expert.

I actually really dislike when people say "God/Jesus would be a Republican (or a Democrat)," for the record (though that likely won't convince you two intellectual superior Republicans. You two are Republicans again, right?).

This is too funny, but I hate doing it at his expense. 

If you hate it, you wouldn't do it.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2009, 12:11:35 AM »

And here comes the right-wing PC brigade, just in time to put out the fun-fire.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2009, 12:28:50 AM »

Wow, I can't believe I haven't followed this thread until tonight ... BushOK, let me start by saying I'm very sorry that you're going through this rough patch (in what should be a very happy and enjoyable period in your life) and wish you the very best.

There's not much I can say that will be unique or different than anything else that has already been said, but let me make this clear -- you are engaged to this woman and have both, through that engagement, committed to be together; it is not normal or healthy or reasonable for her to have not talked to you for an extended period of time. Couples have fights or disagreements or periods of getting to know each other where they may not get along, but they get over it quickly in all but the most dire circumstances -- she may well need more space, but her unwillingness to talk to you about it is not normal.

I don't know what your circumstances were coming into this relationship, but I can tell you that jumping over a long getting-to-know-you period directly into an engagement typically ends badly. You don't get engaged after the first few dates because there is so much more about each other that you need to know; the very fact that she's telling you she needs more space is proof that you barely knew each other -- otherwise, I'm sure you would have discovered those boundaries before you invested your money and your hopes in an engagement.

You and I are roughly the same age and part of the country, so I can sympathize with the kind of pressures you may be feeling. About nine months ago, I went through a period of being incredibly depressed because nearly everyone around me my age (or anyone over the age of 21 or 22) was married. I'd focused on education and then on my career and found myself "old" and alone. Realistically, 26 is a fantastic age to be unmarried, as most of the married young guys that I know turn into empty shells of their former selves relatively quickly, but because there is so much traditionalized pressure in the Great Plains region to meet someone in high school and get married young, it was starting to wear on me. I questioned why things hadn't "worked out" for me like they had for everyone else. I withdrew from people who genuinely did care about me and scoffed at their advice. I spent far too much time contemplating my situation as well as contemplating suicide. I'm not sure how I pulled myself out of it, but I did, although I have no doubt that had I met someone during that time, I would have moved as quickly as possible.

Perhaps you've gone through a similar experience. Perhaps not. Either way, some of the best advice I received at that time (that I promptly dismissed, because all of the advice-givers were married, thus "successful") was to not think about it -- forget any pressure, whether real or imagined, and do things at my own pace. And when I think about it, some of the best relationships that I've ever had -- friendships or romantic relationships -- were completely and utterly unplanned, and even after that first meeting, we weren't best friends instantly: relationships take time to develop.

I finally took that advice earlier this year and just quit thinking about it -- I was "defeated," but I wasn't going to let it get me down. And just a few weeks later, when I literally least expected it, I met my boyfriend and we've been together for four months. It may not be the ultimate relationship, so to speak, but we're happy and getting to know each other.

Again, best wishes to you, BushOK. Personally, I think you've got a ton of potential outside of this relationship and would be well-served by walking away before you've invested too much. But you've also got to do what makes you happy -- just keep your own health and well-being in mind. You've got a lot of support here, as evidenced by all of the replies, regardless of the harsh tone some of them have taken!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2009, 12:54:59 AM »

Unfortunately, J-Mann, BushOK will probably not read your quality posts as this thread has just turned into an unreadable Flyers & Friends vs. Keystone Phil slop.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies