40 killed in attack on Egyptian Resort

(1/1)

patrick1:
At least 40 people were killed in an attack on an Egyptian resort where Israelis were vacationing.  My heart goes out to the victims but, why the hell would an Israeli go on vacation in Egypt?

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자):
The Israelis built some resorts in Sinai back when they occupied it and thought that the anschluss of Sinai would be fairly permanent.  IIRC, the rules at those places are more relaxed than a similar resort in Israel would be, so secular Israelis who don't want to have to bother with the rules that the religious Israelis have imposed while they are are vacation have kept going there.

Huckleberry Finn:
Israeli government said al Qaeda is most likely to blame.

I fear that the next target will be some other resort full of western tourists. Friend of mine was in Egypt about year ago and claimed that he didn't fear. He is going again in the winter.

M:
Despite an Israeli govt terror warning that Israeli civilians might be targeted in the Sinai over the Sukkot holiday, no fewer than 15,000 Israelis were in Sinai resorts at the time of the attacks.

Debkafile, a Middle East politics and terrorism analysis website ( http://www.debka.com ) with a prett good track record, suggests that it was a joint Al-Qaeda and Hezbollah operation under the Iranian aegis.

Some of Gamal "Jimmy" Mubarak's, the president's son's, friends were apparently directly targeted (Egyptians, not Israelis). Also would be the first ever attack by Al-Qaeda on Egptian soil. I tend to think this strengthens the theory that bin Laden is dead and his Egyptian deputy Aman al-Zuwahri currently leads the group from Tehran.

??????????:
Quote from: M on October 09, 2004, 12:41:12 PM

Despite an Israeli govt terror warning that Israeli civilians might be targeted in the Sinai over the Sukkot holiday, no fewer than 15,000 Israelis were in Sinai resorts at the time of the attacks.

Debkafile, a Middle East politics and terrorism analysis website ( http://www.debka.com ) with a prett good track record, suggests that it was a joint Al-Qaeda and Hezbollah operation under the Iranian aegis.

Some of Gamal "Jimmy" Mubarak's, the president's son's, friends were apparently directly targeted (Egyptians, not Israelis). Also would be the first ever attack by Al-Qaeda on Egptian soil. I tend to think this strengthens the theory that bin Laden is dead and his Egyptian deputy Aman al-Zuwahri currently leads the group from Tehran.

Or maybe WE have Bin Laden and his capture will be announced after the third debate! lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index