I step down.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:53:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I step down.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: I step down.  (Read 7537 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2009, 09:49:39 PM »

I just want to say, I step down, because I lied to most everyone and was living a lie. And Atlasia needs someone better then that. I still love this game and wish it the best of luck, but it needs someone better then me. It was hard for me to step down and leave, but if I didn't and people found out who I was while in the senate, it would have hurt the game very much so. I'm sorry and wish you guys the best of luck.

Will you do anything in the future?

See you in a few weeks, josh!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2009, 09:50:07 PM »

I just want to say, I step down, because I lied to most everyone and was living a lie. And Atlasia needs someone better then that. I still love this game and wish it the best of luck, but it needs someone better then me. It was hard for me to step down and leave, but if I didn't and people found out who I was while in the senate, it would have hurt the game very much so. I'm sorry and wish you guys the best of luck.

You showed that you clearly did not care about this game when you disguised your identity, waited until you won something and then resigned like it was a big joke. I doubt many people here enjoy being taken for fools.

It appears to me that Dan came clean when he did, because of a guilty conscience.  He knew he was doing something wrong, and he needed to get it off his chest.  He should be prosecuted for his crime, that is after all part of the game (and expel him from the DA, whatever).  But I think his participation here is a valuable asset, and we would be doing ourselves a great disservice by driving him out entirely.  I give Dan credit for owning up to his mis-deeds, he did not have to do that.  So lets have a trial for the voter fraud, expel him from the DA if you must, and call the whole ordeal over and done with.  I for one want him to remain active here.

He made a mockery of the announcement. He could have made a respectable speech, rather than stick his tongue at us and make a mockery of this.

Purple State, I am going to make a suggestion. You really need to stop taking things so personally all the time. Now yes Josh was mocking us, but if he chooses to contribute positively then I see no reason to prevent him. If he continues to cause trouble then we will take necessary measures.

I just see no reason to welcome, with open arms, someone who has only served to undermine this game. I won't be crying myself to sleep over this, but there is nothing leading me to accept the path Dan has chosen to take.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2009, 10:07:38 PM »

You showed that you clearly did not care about this game when you disguised your identity, waited until you won something and then resigned like it was a big joke. I doubt many people here enjoy being taken for fools.

It appears to me that Dan came clean when he did, because of a guilty conscience.  He knew he was doing something wrong, and he needed to get it off his chest.  He should be prosecuted for his crime, that is after all part of the game (and expel him from the DA, whatever).  But I think his participation here is a valuable asset, and we would be doing ourselves a great disservice by driving him out entirely.  I give Dan credit for owning up to his mis-deeds, he did not have to do that.  So lets have a trial for the voter fraud, expel him from the DA if you must, and call the whole ordeal over and done with.  I for one want him to remain active here.

He made a mockery of the announcement. He could have made a respectable speech, rather than stick his tongue at us and make a mockery of this.

Purple State, I am going to make a suggestion. You really need to stop taking things so personally all the time. Now yes Josh was mocking us, but if he chooses to contribute positively then I see no reason to prevent him. If he continues to cause trouble then we will take necessary measures.

I just see no reason to welcome, with open arms, someone who has only served to undermine this game. I won't be crying myself to sleep over this, but there is nothing leading me to accept the path Dan has chosen to take.

I have been critical of him. He lied to me about what he was doing and how long he would be gone. He made promises to me that now can never be kept. However, I would like to give him a chance to make positive input on this site. If he acts as he has done in the past then sure you are right.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2009, 10:10:20 PM »

I won't stop him from participating, but his actions have harmed the DA and the game and so I see no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. He will have to prove himself to be productive, not the other way around.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2009, 10:23:57 PM »

I won't stop him from participating, but his actions have harmed the DA and the game and so I see no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. He will have to prove himself to be productive, not the other way around.

You can't fool me by agreeing with me, Purple State. I am starting to get sick of you and your games. I said he would have to "show" himself to be productive. Thats the same thing as you just did. Stop creating false debates, please.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2009, 10:32:44 PM »

NC YANK LAYING IT ALL DOWN 4 SHO REPPIN DA DIRTY DIRTY!! I am so proud!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2009, 10:41:22 PM »

You can't fool me by agreeing with me, Purple State. I am starting to get sick of you and your games. I said he would have to "show" himself to be productive. Thats the same thing as you just did. Stop creating false debates, please.

You are the one who started this false debate with me! Where in my earlier statements did I disagree with what you said? Or claim to disagree? You chose to call me out for showing my distaste for what Dan/Josh did. Pretending that I am the one who initiated this bout with you is false, as is easily visible from looking back at the last few posts.

So please, if you wouldn't mind taking your own advice sometime...
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2009, 11:04:58 PM »

You are the one who started this false debate with me! Where in my earlier statements did I disagree with what you said? Or claim to disagree? You chose to call me out for showing my distaste for what Dan/Josh did. Pretending that I am the one who initiated this bout with you is false, as is easily visible from looking back at the last few posts.

What do you mean, I hold nothing against you at all(except something from a few months ago, but that doesn't matter). I didn't start this, you did by insinuating that I meant you should have accepted him with open arms, I never once said that, and I challenge you to find where I did. If you felt that he should be allowed to prove himself productive, fine, but then you should have said so instead of making it look like I disagreed with you. No one is asking for you to give him a free pass, no one is asking you trust him, after all he didn't trust you at all, I wonder why. Also don't even try to play the same game with me you did with Ebowed and bgwah, it won't work. Plus your one to talk about Dan lying, as Ben Franklin said, "don't throw stones if your own windows are made out of glass". I would suggest you quit alienating everybody in this game or you will have a very rough time in August.  Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2009, 11:13:36 PM »

What do you mean, I hold nothing against you at all(except something from a few months ago, but that doesn't matter). I didn't start this, you did by insinuating that I meant you should have accepted him with open arms, I never once said that, and I challenge you to find where I did. If you felt that he should be allowed to prove himself productive, fine, but then you should have said so instead of making it look like I disagreed with you. No one is asking for you to give him a free pass, no one is asking you trust him, after all he didn't trust you at all, I wonder why. Also don't even try to play the same game with me you did with Ebowed and bgwah, it won't work. Plus your one to talk about Dan lying, as Ben Franklin said, "don't throw stones if your own windows are made out of glass". I would suggest you quit alienating everybody in this game or you will have a very rough time in August.  Smiley

Eh, August will already be tough. Tongue

Just curious, why can't I talk about Dan lying? Did I lie recently?

And to clarify, this started with you responding to me, not the other way around. I never said I disagree with you about this. You just seemed to think I did. Neither of us mind if he continues to participate, nor do we believe he should receive the benefit of the doubt. My posts were simply explaining where I stood, not attempting to start up with you. You were the one who called me out about "taking it personally," something I did not much appreciate.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2009, 11:23:48 PM »

Eh, August will already be tough. Tongue

Just curious, why can't I talk about Dan lying? Did I lie recently?

And to clarify, this started with you responding to me, not the other way around. I never said I disagree with you about this. You just seemed to think I did. Neither of us mind if he continues to participate, nor do we believe he should receive the benefit of the doubt. My posts were simply explaining where I stood, not attempting to start up with you. You were the one who called me out about "taking it personally," something I did not much appreciate.

1. I am glad you realise the precarious position you are in.

2. Yes you did lie, more then once, two.

3. The reason I think you take stuff too personally comes from my observation of how you operate. For some one with a profile name and party that reeks of moderation, you sure as hell got one heck of a partisan tone. You are often counter productive because of it in your political endeavours. One must always be able to a hold a brigade or two in researve in preparation for a counter attact.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2009, 11:28:24 PM »

I am not sure of what instances you mean, but feel free to respond to my PM and let me know.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2009, 12:08:33 AM »

So much for good intentions. If I find someone falling off a cliff, I promise I won't lift a finger to help. (Yep there goes a third person today, enjoy your flight). Whenever I have someones best interests at heart I seem to piss people off, oh well. My concern and compassion is hereby withdrawn till further notice.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2009, 12:12:45 AM »

So much for good intentions. If I find someone falling off a cliff, I promise I won't lift a finger to help. (Yep there goes a third person today, enjoy your flight). Whenever I have someones best interests at heart I seem to piss people off, oh well. My concern and compassion is hereby withdrawn till further notice.

I would recommend you just PM them instead. Public displays of, I don't know what to call it, more likely insult people than teach them a lesson. Privately telling someone how you feel usually works better.

It also didn't help that we both thought the other was disagreeing when it turned out we were saying the same thing.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2009, 12:22:26 AM »

I would recommend you just PM them instead. Public displays of, I don't know what to call it, more likely insult people than teach them a lesson. Privately telling someone how you feel usually works better.

It also didn't help that we both thought the other was disagreeing when it turned out we were saying the same thing.

It happens to me all the time.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2009, 10:18:37 AM »

I also agree with Fritz. There's a marked contrast between Josh's confession/resignation--as Fritz said, it sounds indicative of a guilty conscience more than anything else--compared to the downright snotty "up yours, I got you all" display Peresopolis made when he was unmasked as Ogis a couple weeks ago.

That said:
1) As far as any future reappearance by Josh, "Not shunning" is not the same as "ever take seriously again".
2) "getting teased" is a pretty lame reason to abandon your on-line identity for a sock. Don't like the ribbing? Well....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oof60kDFqAc
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies