A few thoughts from your PO; AMENDMENTS AT VOTE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:57:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A few thoughts from your PO; AMENDMENTS AT VOTE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A few thoughts from your PO; AMENDMENTS AT VOTE  (Read 53804 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: June 29, 2009, 01:04:22 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=92890.0

lol
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 04:33:01 PM »

Obviously we can't keep the current system of regional governors. However, I would still like the regions to be represented in some way on the national level.

Why?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 04:35:04 PM »

For the love of God, what is it about regions that intrinsically requires them to be represented? I've been asking this question for a year; no answer.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 01:36:03 PM »

For me, a CoG and an at-large 10 seats Senate is an good compromise.

^^^^

It may not cut Regional power, but it does cut regional influence, especially if the CoG can only vote and not propose legislation.

OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!

If you have regional influence, I want special influence for right-handed people.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 04:20:16 PM »

^^^^

It may not cut Regional power, but it does cut regional influence, especially if the CoG can only vote and not propose legislation.

OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!

If you have regional influence, I want special influence for right-handed people.

How many babies have you eaten today, Xahar? What happened to your Revolution, you didn't give me a chance to fire my wiff of grapeshot. Sad.

I'm getting bored of it.

But no, seriously.

What do regions have intrinsically that entitle them to special influence? I've been asking this for well over a year now.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 03:54:14 PM »

^^^^

OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!

How many babies have you eaten today, Xahar? What happened to your Revolution, you didn't give me a chance to fire my wiff of grapeshot. Sad.

I'm getting bored of it.

But no, seriously.

What do regions have intrinsically that entitle them to special influence? I've been asking this for well over a year now.

But I was having fun. Sad.

Then recruit people to my side.

But first, answer my question.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 02:29:57 AM »

^^^^

OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting bored of it.

But no, seriously.

But I was having fun. Sad.

Then recruit people to my side.

But first, answer my question.

The honest answer to your question is that regions have special influence because: a) they must confirm anything we pass and b) they have a hell of a constituency. No amendment removing regions, even were it to pass the Convention or Senate, would make it through the regional votes. On the other hand, nothing considerably weakening the national government would pass either. That is why we need to compromise in such ways.

Would it be nicer and more efficient if we could pass the best possible reform? Of course! Unfortunately, entrenched interests rule in this game and so that is what we must work with.

Please stop with your obsession with compromise, please.

But I'm not asking why they do, but why should they?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 06:01:33 PM »

There is no compelling reason to provide reverence to the regions, except that we no longer have the power to stop it. I also think the regions provide enough benefit to the game to warrant maintaining them and, yes, empowering them.

In what sense?

Now I'm starting to get really upset that nobody ever answers my questions. Note that my comment wasn't originally directed at you.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 07:45:29 PM »

There is no compelling reason to provide reverence to the regions, except that we no longer have the power to stop it. I also think the regions provide enough benefit to the game to warrant maintaining them and, yes, empowering them.

In what sense?

Now I'm starting to get really upset that nobody ever answers my questions. Note that my comment wasn't originally directed at you.

I'm answering them and few others participate in here.

And regions are beneficial in the sense that they provide fertile grounds for new members to become familiar with the game and some senior members. If you look at the Mideast Assembly, even when not a vibrantly active legislature as it once was, it gives new citizens a place to learn what crafting a bill entails, parliamentary procedure and how to work with more senior members like Peter and Inks. It's a better orientation than the Introduction to Atlasia thread, without a doubt. It also gives these new members a sense that they are climbing the ladder, contributing, etc.

Not satisfactorily.

Don't lecture me about the Mideast Assembly; I created it. But why do we keep the regions the way they are when it's painfully obvious they've failed?

In what sense?

Nobody's going to answer our questions in a way that is satisfactory to us; I've just given up on it Tongue

All the answers are satisfactory in West Atlasia!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 10:59:19 PM »

I mean answers I can't get out of you, because you don't hold the views I'm questioning.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 09:54:25 PM »

I don't think we should be debating proposals in depth until the ConCon and when we get there we should do it very slowly and patiently to get it right.

I look forward to your perfect plan.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 12:58:51 AM »

I don't think we should be debating proposals in depth until the ConCon and when we get there we should do it very slowly and patiently to get it right.

I look forward to your perfect plan.

I thank the disgraced former attorney general and convicted criminal for his opinions on my irrelevant past comments.

You can't hold a politician responsible for every word that he might say, eh?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies