A few thoughts from your PO; AMENDMENTS AT VOTE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:17:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A few thoughts from your PO; AMENDMENTS AT VOTE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: A few thoughts from your PO; AMENDMENTS AT VOTE  (Read 53812 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: July 14, 2009, 06:01:33 PM »

There is no compelling reason to provide reverence to the regions, except that we no longer have the power to stop it. I also think the regions provide enough benefit to the game to warrant maintaining them and, yes, empowering them.

In what sense?

Now I'm starting to get really upset that nobody ever answers my questions. Note that my comment wasn't originally directed at you.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #226 on: July 14, 2009, 06:05:13 PM »

There is no compelling reason to provide reverence to the regions, except that we no longer have the power to stop it. I also think the regions provide enough benefit to the game to warrant maintaining them and, yes, empowering them.

In what sense?

Now I'm starting to get really upset that nobody ever answers my questions. Note that my comment wasn't originally directed at you.

I'm answering them and few others participate in here.

And regions are beneficial in the sense that they provide fertile grounds for new members to become familiar with the game and some senior members. If you look at the Mideast Assembly, even when not a vibrantly active legislature as it once was, it gives new citizens a place to learn what crafting a bill entails, parliamentary procedure and how to work with more senior members like Peter and Inks. It's a better orientation than the Introduction to Atlasia thread, without a doubt. It also gives these new members a sense that they are climbing the ladder, contributing, etc.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #227 on: July 14, 2009, 07:02:54 PM »

In what sense?

Nobody's going to answer our questions in a way that is satisfactory to us; I've just given up on it Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #228 on: July 14, 2009, 07:45:29 PM »

In what sense?

And regions are beneficial in the sense that they provide fertile grounds for new members to become familiar with the game and some senior members. If you look at the Mideast Assembly, even when not a vibrantly active legislature as it once was, it gives new citizens a place to learn what crafting a bill entails, parliamentary procedure and how to work with more senior members like Peter and Inks. It's a better orientation than the Introduction to Atlasia thread, without a doubt. It also gives these new members a sense that they are climbing the ladder, contributing, etc.

Not satisfactorily.

Don't lecture me about the Mideast Assembly; I created it. But why do we keep the regions the way they are when it's painfully obvious they've failed?

In what sense?

Nobody's going to answer our questions in a way that is satisfactory to us; I've just given up on it Tongue

All the answers are satisfactory in West Atlasia!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #229 on: July 14, 2009, 08:30:21 PM »

In what sense?

Not satisfactorily.

Don't lecture me about the Mideast Assembly; I created it. But why do we keep the regions the way they are when it's painfully obvious they've failed?

I can't help what you find satisfactory or not. And enough with your "I created this, that and the other" crap. You haven't been seriously involved in Atlasia in how long? You've returned as a joke, a shadow of whatever former glory you may have had. The game has left you behind, the Mideast has changed, the Constitution was revamped. You had nothing to do with any of it. Stop trying to pretend that you are a serious poster and good riddance to you.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #230 on: July 14, 2009, 08:48:42 PM »

Aye

Aye
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2009, 09:40:57 PM »

Aye
Nay
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2009, 10:59:19 PM »

I mean answers I can't get out of you, because you don't hold the views I'm questioning.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2009, 09:01:32 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Aye = 2
Nay = 1

Aye = 2
Nay = 1

Regardless of whether people care about this Convention anymore, I will let those who appear to vote run the show from here on out. Both amendments pass. Here is the current form of the proposal:

The following shall be included in Article I as Section 2: The House, with subsequent sections renumbered accordingly:

Article I, Section 5 shall hereby be renumbered Section 4 and read as follows:

Article I, Section 4 shall read as follows:

Article I, Section 8 is hereby removed.

Article IV shall hereby read as follows:
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #234 on: July 15, 2009, 09:14:50 PM »

Regardless of whether people care about this Convention anymore, I will let those who appear to vote run the show from here on out. Both amendments pass.

Wow, I should try to get you removed as Presiding Officer for that.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #235 on: July 15, 2009, 09:18:25 PM »

Regardless of whether people care about this Convention anymore, I will let those who appear to vote run the show from here on out. Both amendments pass.

For letting those who care enough to vote be heard and disregarding those who do not show up? I thought that is the way democracy works.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: July 15, 2009, 09:19:38 PM »

For letting those who care enough to vote be heard and disregarding those who do not show up? I thought that is the way democracy works.

Three. Votes.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #237 on: July 15, 2009, 09:30:52 PM »

Three. Votes.

Only three people care. I haven't been keeping this stuff a secret. I have just notified everyone in the Atlas Fantasy board. I will allow time for comments and additional amendments. Not to mention nothing can pass the Convention without every delegate voting, in addition this passing the regions by referendum. Passing an amendment to an informal proposal without a quorum is not the end of the world.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #238 on: July 15, 2009, 09:35:52 PM »

It's still three freaking votes, there's a reason I haven't paid attention to this convention, and it's because of stuff like that. (And the people who vote on them. The no-regions folk are overrepresented here, and you're not bringing up alternative ideas for discussion. There's a ton of opposition to these ideas, and it's gotten to the point no one even acknowledges what in the hell goes on outside this ConCon.)

I've never seen something so completely absurd in my life. This isn't a constitutional convention anymore, this is the "Purple State Has A Grand Idea!" show, Come one! Come all!, and we're just here to tinker with your previously failed proposals.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #239 on: July 15, 2009, 09:39:07 PM »

I'm not even really sure where we're going with this anymore.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #240 on: July 15, 2009, 09:54:25 PM »

I don't think we should be debating proposals in depth until the ConCon and when we get there we should do it very slowly and patiently to get it right.

I look forward to your perfect plan.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: July 15, 2009, 09:55:28 PM »

I don't think we should be debating proposals in depth until the ConCon and when we get there we should do it very slowly and patiently to get it right.

I thank the disgraced former attorney general and convicted criminal for his opinions on my irrelevant past comments.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #242 on: July 15, 2009, 09:59:28 PM »

It's still three freaking votes, there's a reason I haven't paid attention to this convention, and it's because of stuff like that. (And the people who vote on them. The no-regions folk are overrepresented here, and you're not bringing up alternative ideas for discussion. There's a ton of opposition to these ideas, and it's gotten to the point no one even acknowledges what in the hell goes on outside this ConCon.)

I've never seen something so completely absurd in my life. This isn't a constitutional convention anymore, this is the "Purple State Has A Grand Idea!" show, Come one! Come all!, and we're just here to tinker with your previously failed proposals.

I'm sorry? I disagree with both of the amendments Max offered. You voted for one of them and they passed. So how is this my grand idea? You left the Convention because you got lazy and don't believe in any reform, not because you disagree with my specific proposal.

Offer your ideas in a concrete proposal (no, not an unwieldy paragraph, an actual proposal) and we can discuss it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #243 on: July 15, 2009, 10:04:12 PM »

I'm not bringing up a damn thing in this sham of a "Convention" so long as you preside over it. You already know where I stand.

I brought up a proposal that played a part in sparking this glorious grand-standing of yours. Ignored. I tried to alter one of the proposals on the floor like what was done to Presidential Universalism. Ignored. I said I supported a previously ignored idea that Max and Lief supported. I too, was ignored. You have demonstrated no interest in listening to anything that doesn't fit your preconceived notions on what constitutes reform, and remain stubbornly in support of ideas the Senate loudly rejected just weeks ago.

And now you're ignoring your own rules and allowing amendments to pass with just two votes in favor of it. You ought to be thrown out of this place.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #244 on: July 15, 2009, 10:07:30 PM »

I'm not bringing up a damn thing in this sham of a "Convention" so long as you preside over it. You already know where I stand.

I brought up a proposal that played a part in sparking this glorious grand-standing of yours. Ignored. I tried to alter one of the proposals on the floor like what was done to Presidential Universalism. Ignored. I said I supported a previously ignored idea that Max and Lief supported. I too, was ignored. You have demonstrated no interest in listening to anything that doesn't fit your preconceived notions on what constitutes reform, and remain stubbornly in support of ideas the Senate loudly rejected just weeks ago.

And now you're ignoring your own rules and allowing amendments to pass with just two votes in favor of it. You ought to be thrown out of this place.

It's an informal proposal, so the Rules of Order do not apply. I was asking for input on my idea so it could be presented, rather than holding "official" votes.

And your proposal was not anything concrete or written out. It was a long and complex series of paragraphs leaving it to me to work out exactly what that would require.

If no one cares at all I am fine closing the Convention and having the Senate pass any reforms that are deemed necessary. Apparently when people say that the Convention should have done something, no one really means it.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #245 on: July 16, 2009, 12:06:51 AM »

We're going in a dead-end, PiT.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #246 on: July 16, 2009, 12:53:08 AM »

Haven't been on the Atlas much lately. I must say that I like your proposal Purple State. I would like to remind all the skeptical delegates that if it fails to achieve results you can open a new convention.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #247 on: July 16, 2009, 12:58:51 AM »

I thank the disgraced former attorney general and convicted criminal for his opinions on my irrelevant past comments.

You can't hold a politician responsible for every word that he might say, eh?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #248 on: July 16, 2009, 07:43:53 AM »

I know. Nowhere. Except assist in angerangeranger moments.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies