GM Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:43:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  GM Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: GM Discussion Thread  (Read 9690 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2009, 11:46:57 AM »

Now who would decide how to pay for this bill? I assume the President.

Which bill? Regardless, funding for legislation will be worked out through negotiations in the Senate with input from the President and constituents.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2009, 05:51:52 PM »

Even if there is an increase in inflation the downward pressure of a decreasing dollar on the Trade deficit would be beneficial to the economy, manufacturing and, also GDP. In this environment thats not exactly a bad thing. Which reminds me, could the GM inform us of GDP and the Trade Deficit?

Also the GM is incorrect on the overall cost. With changes added by the sponsor with the support of several Senators the cost is now about 1 trillion. Just a "little" increase on a really "small" amount to begin with. Wink.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2009, 05:53:42 PM »

Even if there is an increase in inflation the downward pressure of a decreasing dollar on the Trade deficit would be beneficial to the economy, manufacturing and, also GDP. In this environment thats not exactly a bad thing.

I agree with this. The current economic crisis has caused such deflation that slight inflation would actually balance us out a little, rather than pile on problems.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2009, 10:45:45 PM »

Per the implied request of the SoEA, could we get a list of the countries that currently are in agreement or seeking an agreement with Atlasia for free trade practices.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2009, 06:27:23 PM »

Could we have some statistics on unemployment and poverty in the Southeast region? Much appreciated.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2009, 06:31:31 PM »

Could we have some statistics on unemployment and poverty in the Southeast region? Much appreciated.

All the regions would be nice to be honest. Also, could we get some reports on what the impact of certain proposals, especially health care, would be? As we have no CBO or impartial judge for these things, the GM is as close as we get and I would like to know what the impact of the different proposals will be before I go voting for one.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2009, 03:00:15 AM »

Brandon, if you could give us an update on the progress of the construcion of the High Speed Rails sometime as well, that'd be very helpful to me. I have a few ideas for the Assembly that would be dependant on how far in the process the building of the rails have come and how successful the program has been this far. So if you could bring it up, I'd be really grateful. Smiley

Thanks

Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2009, 07:48:21 PM »

Could you lay out the basic economic conditions of the Midwest specifically. How it differs from the rest of the country and things like that. It shouldn't be your top priority, but an update between now and the gubernatorial election would be nice.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2009, 08:47:45 PM »

This is beginning to look like Harrison Ford's office in Indiana Jones and Last Crusade with his students literally pounding on the door with questions and instead of answering them he hops out a window. Smiley Only here countless officials are literally pounding on the doors and walls with questions and Brandon is no longer in the office.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2009, 09:21:23 PM »

This is beginning to look like Harrison Ford's office in Indiana Jones and Last Crusade with his students literally pounding on the door with questions and instead of answering them he hops out a window. Smiley Only here countless officials are literally pounding on the doors and walls with questions and Brandon is no longer in the office.

I agree. I am growing increasingly disappointed and impatient, but I believe Brandon deserves some time to get things straight. However, I hope that we can get some more frequent and more detailed updates before the August elections.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2009, 11:30:27 PM »

In fact, why not just provide an update on the state of the individual regions periodically, say every month or so? I hope you track the effects of both regional and federal laws as well.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2009, 11:37:24 PM »

Real life has been hectic.

I'll work on providing some numbers on GDP and unemployment. I'll work with some national numbers before getting into the regions.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2009, 05:44:15 PM »

I am really hoping something comes soon. There is a lot of backlog.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2009, 08:38:25 PM »

I apologize as I haven't been very active over the past month. I have plenty of stuff going on in real life right now including the fact my wife and I just had an accepted offer on buying a house. I'm working on compiling some economic data, though I'm sure it's slower that what has been hoped for. In March or April, I had more free time and could have done a much better job. But July and August have been busy. September looks like things will slow down, unless I'll be spending my weekends moving. If anyone really wants the job, let me know. If so, I'm willing to step down and hopefully things will work better for me in the future. If no one else wants it, I'll keep doing it, though things will continue to be a bit slow.

---

Persons who cannot afford health insurance right now is at 9 million. (A gov. run health care program exists in the territories.) Population is 307 million.

I do have some real life numbers on where federal money is being spent that needs to be converted to Atlasia since we have different departments and such. And the numbers on percentage of the population making which amount of income as well as their taxes.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2009, 05:05:18 PM »

Just keep us informed of when when things will be slow. You have done a good job so far. Maybe we should get you an assistant, have them chase down information like the Depts in Atlasia that do the job of Depts and Agencies in RL US, etc. Don't hesitate to ask the Senate for such changes if you feel they are necessary. I had a feeling we would have to continue to reform the position as we go.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2009, 08:53:09 PM »

I agree with NC Yank. I'm more than happy to place the position of GM as a co-held position, or have a deputy GM who can write whatever so long as it is approved by the GM. Just let us know and we will make it happen.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2009, 09:18:41 PM »

We also need international news.  Why not have one GM for domestic issues and one for international?
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2009, 09:35:58 PM »

I'm all for a 2 or 3 person GM team, but I know how difficult it is finding one GM. So I can only imagine the difficulty in finding one or two more.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2009, 12:55:33 AM »

I'm all for a 2 or 3 person GM team, but I know how difficult it is finding one GM. So I can only imagine the difficulty in finding one or two more.

I am going to try and piggy-back it on the SoEA, as deputy GM for external affairs. You can see it in the legislation introduction thread. I edited my SOEA Codification Act amendment to include a provision. If you and HappyWarrior could let me know what you think? It's about time the Cabinet had some impact on the game.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2009, 06:16:57 PM »

I am going to try and piggy-back it on the SoEA, as deputy GM for external affairs. You can see it in the legislation introduction thread. I edited my SOEA Codification Act amendment to include a provision. If you and HappyWarrior could let me know what you think? It's about time the Cabinet had some impact on the game.

Amen to that. Smiley This was always the natural course of where Gov't reform would go after we dealt with GM crisis. The move would be toward inter-gov't cooperation.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2009, 09:03:00 PM »

I'll be more than willing to help with anything on the GM front and would be fine with taking an official role as assisant GM for the time being
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2009, 10:50:30 PM »

I have a reasonable amount of knowledge about international affairs, as well as time, eh?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2009, 10:59:34 PM »

I'll be more than willing to help with anything on the GM front and would be fine with taking an official role as assisant GM for the time being
I have a reasonable amount of knowledge about international affairs, as well as time, eh?

This is precisely why I want to place it in the hands of the SoEA, a presidentially appointed, Senate approved figure held accountable to the people.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2009, 09:59:48 PM »

Well Assistant GM can be an approved senate positions as well, but I don't think that the SoEA should be the assistant GM because they have other involvement in the game and the GM shouldn't.  Dual-office thingy
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2009, 10:01:42 PM »

Well Assistant GM can be an approved senate positions as well, but I don't think that the SoEA should be the assistant GM because they have other involvement in the game and the GM shouldn't.  Dual-office thingy

Aren't you the one mocking the power of the SoEA? Or was that SPC? Either way, the Cabinet needs to have more influence on the game. Right now the SoEA doesn't do very much of consequence and I would like for that to change. I also don't want to increase the number of positions in the game. That would reduce competition and increase the likelihood of inactivity.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies