Should the Convention go on? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:43:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Should the Convention go on? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Should the Convention go on?  (Read 9568 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: June 23, 2009, 04:03:48 PM »

In a perfect environment, I would support something new, but it would never pass, so I just don't want to waste the time. Sad

Look, the only new things this convention thought of were European-style democracies, which are not only not as fun, but would kill the game, as most players are Americans.

You can change a lot without changing the basic framework. It would look very different, but still have a similar structure. Personally, I feel regional reform is the issue at hand, as we have a strong party system and the federal government is working well.

I generally agree with what Vepres and surprisingly Marokai have said. The only thing I don't like about Marokai's proposal is reducing the number of regions. I like the idea of rewriting the consitution especially considering that the SoFA has appearently been misreading the voting requirements(Days before election needed for vote to count), if he has been misreading it or misinterpreting it then I think its likely there are many other such intances scattered throughout the consitution.

I think it would be a mistake for this convention to end in failure. I would rather it produce something, even if it be as misguided as a European Style system(Atleast that would give me an opportunity to launch a nationwide speaking tour against it Grin ).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies