Should the Convention go on? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:52:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Should the Convention go on? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Should the Convention go on?  (Read 9596 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: June 23, 2009, 05:12:32 AM »
« edited: June 23, 2009, 05:14:40 AM by Senator Marokai Blue »

This constitutional convention should most definitely go on, but we need to drastically re-think our approach. We need to come up with a solution that either changes regions drastically (which won't pass) or keeps within the current framework (I'm looking at you, Purple State Wink), but polishing it up and making minor certain additions or reforms where needed, amounting to a new and improved, but still similar, solution.

I think my proposal does that, though, if I may take a moment to pitch my own proposal for a moment. It reduces regions a bit, expands the Senate a bit, rewrites the constitution (basically a proofread) so it's easier to follow after years of additions and changes, and makes minor changes here and there (to game moderators, elections etc) all the while not radically or even substantially changing our system of government.

One thing I have no intention of going along with though, is unnecessary change. If there's no rationale for something at all (like a bicameral legislature) or there are things that are quite obviously not going to pass the referendum (abolishing regions entirely) then I won't support it.

Bottom-line, we should PM delegates, root out the inactive ones, get some new people in here, get one solution on the tracks that keeps the overall system of government we have going now, but making some alterations where necessary, and give this one last push for success.

We need a SIMPLE and PRAGMATIC solution, not one that is doomed from the beginning, or bogged down by unneeded changes or unnecessary complications.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 02:22:02 PM »

We all know the status-quo or something extremely close to status-quo would prevail. I have little hope for the parliamentary bicameralism project I tried to make work, as it's very likely to get killed quickly by the force of status-quo.

In a perfect environment, I would support something new, but it would never pass, so I just don't want to waste the time. Sad
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 03:36:44 PM »

I appreciated your educated opinion. We'd do well to listen to your ilk.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies