Redistricting Pennsylvania (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:30:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Redistricting Pennsylvania (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Redistricting Pennsylvania  (Read 2059 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: June 19, 2009, 12:30:29 PM »

Seems reasonable with a big exception for Pitts' district. I'd hate being in PA 1 though. Still just a street away from some sanity in PA "5" (the current PA Cool.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 10:30:37 PM »

Know this could sound stereotypical, but as a Democrat, I would try to give Schwartz Montco and some of the more Jewish parts of NE Philly which are primarily west of Roosevelt Blvd. and give Pat Murphy some more working class ethnic whites primarily east of Roosevelt Blvd. to protect him.

That would make more sense geographically and culturally.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 09:02:17 PM »

Know this could sound stereotypical, but as a Democrat, I would try to give Schwartz Montco and some of the more Jewish parts of NE Philly which are primarily west of Roosevelt Blvd. and give Pat Murphy some more working class ethnic whites primarily east of Roosevelt Blvd. to protect him.

That would make more sense geographically and culturally.

Well, if you want the GOP to be more competitive in Bucks, you would want to consolidate the city of Philadelphia into 2 districts and move what's now PA 8 into the lower Lehigh Valley.  Do you really not want to be represented by Bob Brady that bad?  Just curious.

I have no desire to be in a district like that (especially when it is represented by that). Plus, I like our chances of making up the difference elsewhere statewide.

Plus, your plan isn't that sound anyway. You can't just move all of that into PA 8. You'd have to get rid of a good chunk of the current PA 8.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies