The Atlasian Sentinel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:23:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 63346 times)
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« on: June 15, 2009, 10:37:46 PM »

Good to see one my campaign ideas was implemented...

I was going to introduce the "Secretary of the Senate" idea, but I figured since it was Hashemite's idea, I didn't want to look like a thief.

The Secretary of the Senate idea was my idea, not Hashemite. He just had the idea of the noticeboard.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 10:49:49 PM »

Good to see one my campaign ideas was implemented...

I was going to introduce the "Secretary of the Senate" idea, but I figured since it was Hashemite's idea, I didn't want to look like a thief.

The Secretary of the Senate idea was my idea, not Hashemite. He just had the idea of the noticeboard.

Oh, damn, I'm getting nothing straight today Tongue

If you want to you can PM me and we can work on a bill to make the office and Hashemite can add his noticeboard idea to our bill.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 04:12:14 PM »

I've been thinking about this a lot recently, actually, and that's partly my reason for my serious drop in activity in the convention. I've been thinking that we should simply take the constitution we have now, make simple edits, compile all passed amendments into the Constitution, expand the Senate by perhaps 5 seats, shrink the regions to perhaps three, and just go from there, as opposed to an entirely new government.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the status-quo crowd in terms of retaining the government we have now, but changes are needed and our current system just isn't going to cut it. We need a lot of serious alterations and there have been so many changes over the years that it makes our current constitution clumsy and disorganized. I think the best way to do that is a constitutional convention, but perhaps myself and the delegates should re-think our approach.

Thats funny, I have been thinking the same thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies