The Atlasian Sentinel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:08:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 64259 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: June 23, 2009, 02:01:56 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel

Lief/Bacon King Elected
By Vepres

The SOFA certified the official election results, which elected Lief/Bacon King President and Vice President, respectively. It was a tie at 41 to 41 in the final round, however, because Lief/Bacon King had one more first preference vote, they were deemed the winners of the election.

This is, of course, after the Atlasian Sentinel reported that PiT had won. In Franzl's count, he did. However, the SOFA, who is more familiar with election laws and thus better qualified to determine which votes are valid and which aren't, and his results showed Lief winning. We apologize for the error.

Where can I find official results ?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 03:09:03 AM »

The Atlasian Sentinel

Lief/Bacon King Elected
By Vepres

The SOFA certified the official election results, which elected Lief/Bacon King President and Vice President, respectively. It was a tie at 41 to 41 in the final round, however, because Lief/Bacon King had one more first preference vote, they were deemed the winners of the election.

This is, of course, after the Atlasian Sentinel reported that PiT had won. In Franzl's count, he did. However, the SOFA, who is more familiar with election laws and thus better qualified to determine which votes are valid and which aren't, and his results showed Lief winning. We apologize for the error.

Where can I find official results ?

SOFA thread, second to last page.

I didn't find it. Could you send me a link please ?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 05:23:18 PM »

Very useful topic. Wink I think I'll regularly read it to remain informated about Atlasian news.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 05:44:52 PM »

Very useful topic. Wink I think I'll regularly read it to remain informated about Atlasian news.

Informed.

Not to be petty, I assume English isn't your first language.

Thanks for correction. Wink I still have some problems to find the right word sometimes, but to be honest it could be far worse...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 04:08:31 AM »

Great Hash, as always. Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 05:51:55 PM »

I've almost registered and there is already a Constitutionnal Crisis ! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 03:43:24 AM »

I would urge all Atlasians to accept this rulling for the good of the country and to not hold any bitterness, anger, or resentement over this rulling.

Time's up for peace...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 07:28:36 AM »

Great interview. Smiley I wish you will win...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 06:57:21 PM »

Great Swedish Cheese ! Cheesy

Now, it's time for ARNA to become an important political organization, for the rights of newbies and a more friendly Atlasia.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 07:33:16 AM »

We can project that RowanBrandon will be elected to the Senate.

That makes this the current make up of the Senate:

Yellow - RPP
Light Blue - DA
Green - JCP

Four RPPers ?!?

Saddening results... Sad
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 09:12:14 AM »

Well, it looks that we will save ouselves from the debacle. The DA will probably be the most hurt by these results.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 09:19:28 AM »

Well, it looks that we will save ouselves from the debacle. The DA will probably be the most hurt by these results.

Yeah, we don't have enough zombies.

Also, according to Fritz's tracker, it seems that Rowanbrandon will be the only RPPer elected, so that DA could keep its two seats. Therefore, the change is not as dramatic as expected.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 03:50:33 PM »

Ok, I asked a question in another topic, but I didn't get any answer. So, I try to see if I'll have more success here :

I'd like to ask a question. This is probably not the right topic for it, but since we don't really have a place for this sort of question I'll still try here.

Well, I'm certainly not an expert in voting systems, but this has always interested me, so that I tried to research about that and now I know the basics. But there is something I don't understand about the voting system used for this election.
The Single Transferable Vote is suppposed to be a proportionnal system, selecting the 5 people that represent better the electors. In this case, why the quota fixed to be elected is 1/6 of the total votes insteasd of 1/5 ? If you fix it at 1/6 where there are only 5 senators elected, the representativity of the elected will be just slowly higher to 5/6, whereas we could have a 100% one with an 1/5 of the votes. This clearly hurts proportionnality of the system and can be dangerous.
If there is a reason why things are so, I hope someone could explain it to me, because this issue worries me since sometimes now. I admit that I can be wrong and will accept any sort of explanation. Thanks a lot. Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 08:04:49 AM »

Despite the fact that this obviously could have gone better, a solid showing (someone has to lose) we'll just get more members active for next time.  Still the RPP holds the most seats

Our greatest chances to change that will be the next regional Senate elections, when we could manage to oust one of your three senators.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 12:19:23 PM »

We'll probably lose a regional seat, but if Smid runs our chances are great in the Northeast.  A few more recruits in the Pacific and we have a chance there too

Hashemite is unbeatable.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 06:52:28 AM »

RPP can only go better without DWTL.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 07:54:04 AM »

Formidable news. Smiley
Not surprising considering RPP's stances and how it was controlled by DWTL and co... Hoping that grassroots will follow theses two proud Senators.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 08:46:55 AM »

Formidable news. Smiley
Not surprising considering RPP's stances and how it was controlled by DWTL and co... Hoping that grassroots will follow theses two proud Senators.
Good job idiot, in case you didn't notice Tmth is back

Hope it will be enough, because RPP is still going down...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 09:08:29 AM »

Yeah the RPP is going down because some guy no one ever heard of said so!  Better book because I think Antonio is one of the most releveant, respected, and knowing of all Atlasians.

Let me know when someone who isn't a selfish attention whore leaves the party (well I guess Ben isn't that but I can see why Ben left)

I know that you use to be an *sshole with anyone who says something you don't agree with or makes something that doesn't pleas you, but all this hatred against those who left ( all are attention whores, of course ! Tongue ) make me think you're less optimistic that you want us to believe.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 05:42:11 AM »

I could never imagine that RPP was such an authoritarian political machine. "You would never be Senator without me", "The political machine was behind you", "You don't respect your party". Switch "party" with "family", and you could have the exact phrasing of the mafia.
Rowan Brandon is a free individual, and people who voted for him voted "Rowan Brandon", not "Regional Protection Party". You don't own his seat, he does, and therefore he is free to do whatever he considers right with his political positions.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 06:30:06 AM »

Atlasia isn't at all partisanly polarized, and the recent senate elections prove how vote are in great part a matter of personal candidacies. If not how could the DA get 25 votes with only 18 members ? And how in april the same party got 31 with about 10 members ? And why the RPP got only one seat in april and august, when they are the second largest party and only 3 people behind the JCP ?Why did the two JCP candidates get 42 out of 82 votes agaist an united RPP-DA candidacy if the sum of the two parties' members is greatly superior to JCP's ? There is of course many partisan voters, but the elections are decided by people who "betray" their own party, JCPers and RPPers that chose DA. Above all, I think the current RPP leadership didn't notice how the RPP grassroots is more and more in conflict with the party's stances and strategy, and that these grassroots are more and more friendly to the DA and use to vote for it because they disagree with their party's radicalism. Also, I think RowanBrandon didn't betray at all his party, but just followed it in it's protest of the "DWTL system". If you keep negating it, RPP has no future.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 07:34:38 AM »

Roll Eyes

Yeah Antonio you should definitely be lecturing me on how to win elections

Yes, nice win there in the Senate. Oh wait, I'm sorry. You lost.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 08:16:59 AM »

You know how to win elections. Just as George W. Bush, Richard Nixon, Hitler, Mussolini, and in a certain way Lenin, Stalin, Mao and Pétain. Are they popular statesmen today ?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 04:44:37 AM »

So who now as whief justice ? Bullmoose ?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 02:26:48 PM »

OMG, what a sh*tstorm...

Whatever has actually happened, I'm confident in my friend Tmthforu's good faith and I hope all this story will be resolved in a mature and rational way. Of course if the law has been broken there needs to be a trial. And I just hope the final election result won't be determinated by such a regrettable incident.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies