The Atlasian Sentinel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:41:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 63326 times)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« on: June 14, 2009, 11:12:28 PM »

What RowanBrandon said.

Also, it looks like this will discuss only the Senate--why?
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 05:15:16 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2009, 05:20:49 PM by SayNoToRomney »

I have been considering doing something like this myself. Well, good luck.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 08:20:47 PM »

How about this:

Reduce the Senate to 5 at-large Senators, making sure all elections to the more prestigious body are exciting.

Create a House, with 15 members, 3 max from each region, made up of 3 members from each regional legislature (if they exist) to incentivize regional constitutional reform and activity.

Abolish regional executive and judicial branch.

Require national legislation to pass both chambers (agree). All financial legislation must originate in the Senate. Other legislation can only be in one chamber at a time, may be amended by each chamber respectively, first by the originating chamber, then by the other, and finally again by the originating before it must be passed by the second chamber as it stands (undecided).
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 07:04:28 PM »

I just want to publicize a constitutional amendment I have introduced in the Senate here. Because of the wide-scale changes this would create in our system of government, we really need to hear from all citizens before we pass anything on to a public referendum. Post in the thread and air your thoughts, suggestions, etc.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=97801.msg2042922#msg2042922

Thank you, but what thread are you referring to? This one, or the thread where the amendment is being debated?
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 05:40:45 PM »

Very useful topic. Wink I think I'll regularly read it to remain informated about Atlasian news.

Informed.

Not to be petty, I assume English isn't your first language.

It probably is not. Check out his signature.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 02:13:50 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2009, 02:46:37 PM by SayNoToRomney »

Some comments on Purple State's suggestions.

Regarding the problems we face: I agree with regions, disagree on the Senate, am undecided on parties, and disagree on new members.

Regrding the new Constitution: I agree.

Regarding the Senate: I oppose shrinking the Senate to five seats. Regional seats are necessary, just as at large seats are.

Regarding the House of Representatives: The House should use districts like in real life. The number of districts that a region gets should be as equal as possible to that region's share of the Atlasian population, but each region should have at least one district. For the purpose of the House, each region is divided into districts, each having about the same population. Each district elects one representative.

Regarding the formation of regional legislatures such as the one in the Mideast: I agree.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 11:08:27 PM »

I'd like to point out that I didn't criticize PS, just the idea that more regional elections (or even retaining them at all) is the solution.

And I thank you for the sentiment. I would urge you (and anyone else, delegate or not) to propose broad visions or specific ideas in my thread in the ConCon so we can start working out the best way to move forward.

So even non delegates can propose ideas on the convention, on government systems and so on?
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 08:25:10 PM »

I'd like to point out that I didn't criticize PS, just the idea that more regional elections (or even retaining them at all) is the solution.

And I thank you for the sentiment. I would urge you (and anyone else, delegate or not) to propose broad visions or specific ideas in my thread in the ConCon so we can start working out the best way to move forward.

So even non delegates can propose ideas on the convention, on government systems and so on?

Absolutely. Everyone and anyone is welcome to post their ideas in the Convention. Only delegates will ultimately be able to vote on whatever proposals are created, but you are certainly able to contribute to the process.

Sounds good. Where are propositions to be posted?
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 08:38:22 PM »

Absolutely. Everyone and anyone is welcome to post their ideas in the Convention. Only delegates will ultimately be able to vote on whatever proposals are created, but you are certainly able to contribute to the process.

Sounds good. Where are propositions to be posted?

I plan on using this thread for discussing and compiling ideas for proposals. That would be the best place to start. And you can read up on what others are proposing as well.

OK, I currently am about to post my ideas in that topic. Though I am not sure if anything similar has been suggested already, but anyway.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 10:04:53 PM »

What does it have to do with the Assembly elections?
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 12:29:36 PM »

I heard a rumor of some people wanting to leave the RPP and form a new party.

For some reason I was thinking of that as well.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 12:54:18 PM »

You forgot, MasterJedi running for President.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 01:12:08 PM »

An announcement for the presidential race not making the news is more surprising than an announcement for a senate race not making the news, but whatever you say.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies