The Atlasian Sentinel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:37:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 63884 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: June 15, 2009, 12:59:19 AM »

I've always believed that a number of quality, active, well-written news sources are critical to the functioning of this game, and so I wish you luck!

And if this being elected President thing doesn't work out, maybe I'll start a newspaper as well.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 05:24:53 PM »

Guys, regional Senate elections, as evidence by the ones currently happening, are boring and awful. Why do we want more of them again?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 03:22:34 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=79358.msg2045787#msg2045787
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 09:47:19 PM »

I'd like to point out that I didn't criticize PS, just the idea that more regional elections (or even retaining them at all) is the solution.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 03:06:06 PM »

The Fair Interest Rates Bill is a good example of legislation written by kids who can't do math and who don't understand how lending works.

Which is not terribly surprising.

So comment when we are debating these things and help us out. I know you have a better understanding of economics than most people on the forum. Don't just wait for us to pass stuff and then criticize it. Play an active role in shaping policy.

If you propose something better I will gladly propose it next session.

Hahah, PS, Sam doesn't work that way. He's much too intelligent to do anything besides vaguely criticizing us proles.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 06:09:17 PM »

I, for one, recognize the authority of Acting President Earl. I offer him my full support in these difficult times.

Though if Bgwah wants to be President for another day that's cool as well. Whatevs.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 07:45:03 PM »

As long as people are lazy and refuse to take responsibililty for the own well being, no reform will be affordable. A better term for this is third party Health care. People currently view health insurance the same way. Instead of comparison shopping, asking about prices and generics, they just hand over the card be done with it. Prices can very be as much as 19% among hospitals. 

There are a lot of things wrong with what you just said. First of all, unlike with a consumer good or something, health insurance doesn't follow a lot of the normal rules of supply and demand. You can "shop around" for a new TV because if you don't find one that you like or one that is cheap enough, you can just not buy one or buy a used one or buy a smaller one. With health insurance when you're sick, on the other hand, you either buy it or you die; the supplier has all the power and the consumer has very little. Secondly, in many areas, there's no such thing as choice between insurance options, as there are only one or two insurance providers in the area. This is especially problematic in rural areas. Finally, depending on your insurance plan, you might not be able to "shop around" when it comes to hospitals or treatments either, as often times your insurance company tells you where you should go or will only pay for treatment at certain hospitals.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 08:47:02 PM »

I like the graphic, they're always fun.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 11:22:46 PM »

I'll take the re-election of the four Senators who voted in favor of the two pieces of my legislative agenda I championed in the last session as a vote of confidence. Tongue

Congratulations to all four of you, and congratulations to Senator-elect RowanBrandon as well.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »

A few more recruits in the Pacific and we have a chance there too

hahaha
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 12:07:23 AM »

Aw, there goes the last of my influence on the Supreme Court. Sad
Pages: [1]