The Atlasian Sentinel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:48:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 63835 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: June 14, 2009, 11:51:05 PM »

Good to see one my campaign ideas was implemented...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 11:43:01 PM »

I could give a good humorous interview if people are up for a good laugh.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 11:54:41 PM »

How to Get A Girl In 10 Days
By Governor Duke

10 days? I once proposed to a girl in 10 minutes.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 12:03:14 AM »

By Governor Duke

Please don't hack other people's accounts, BushOklahoma.

LOL! You hit that one out of the park.

By Governor Duke

Please don't hack other people's accounts, BushOklahoma.

Now that explains his last minute disorganized Write-in campaign against me. Cheesy After all I did for him in the Special Election Wink

It's politics. If I lose, I'll simply switch parties and run again like my hero Arlen Specter! Cheesy unless the Lord comes for his church before then.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 12:53:50 AM »

There is no need to go through a back and forth, Hamilton.

While the RPP board was once very exclusive, it has now been opened up to all members who wish to participate on it. This party can reform, so it would be nice to be given a chance to do so. Of course, I don't expect it.

As for the JCP guys talking about transparency, it's, well, a complete joke. They answer to bgwah just as much as we answered to DWTL, but there isn't a point to pointing fingers. Hamilton, you aren't doing yourself any favors by arguing in circles.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 12:56:46 AM »

As I recall, your Vice-Chair-designate didn't know there was a private forum until I told him. Decision-making in the RPP is reserved for a small clique.

The reason for that was because of your buddy Ogis, had already gotten in and threatened to spam us. He had just been banned again and then tumuforu showed up. We thought he was another incarnation of Ogis because he was arriving with all these newer, suspicious members. That's why we didn't open the doors to him immediately. None of us want to be spammed.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 04:45:27 PM »

Anyway, DWTL, I left because I was being attacked for being myself. I just got sick of it, and I just feel more at home in the DA at the moment. Besides, it's not like I'm suddenly going to vote straight JCP or anything like that.

You don't need to defend yourself anymore, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you anyway.

You're right.

You're not an enemy. I understand your plight with what happened. There was no reason why it should've been dragged out to the public like it was, and because of that, it wasn't a shock that you did leave. Matters such as yours should have been kept in private.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 07:59:23 PM »

I request that the title now be changed to:

"One Senator Returns to RPP, Sorry Excuse for Senator and Insignifigant Governor Stay Gone"

LOL. And what political office do you hold again?
Great comeback, I mean I'm only a five-term senator and started the party that got you elected to the senate.  You would never have been a senator without me

Oh how could I ever repay you for your generosity? I am not worthy to stand in your presence.

Perhaps showing an ounce of respect would be a start. Folks like Vepres and mechman had legitimate reasons to leave the party, but you, of all people, did not. The RPP threw their entire machine behind you over a respected Atlasian, SPC, to get you into the Senate only to see you leave for trivial reasons a week later. I don't like DWTL's attack dog style on most cases because I feel it hurts us more than it helps, but, in this case, I have no problem seeing him give you hell.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 03:19:28 PM »

I could never imagine that RPP was such an authoritarian political machine. "You would never be Senator without me", "The political machine was behind you", "You don't respect your party". Switch "party" with "family", and you could have the exact phrasing of the mafia.
Rowan Brandon is a free individual, and people who voted for him voted "Rowan Brandon", not "Regional Protection Party". You don't own his seat, he does, and therefore he is free to do whatever he considers right with his political positions.

That may have been true in the past, but in the current landscape of Atlasia, people are elected, with maybe the exception of afleitch, because of the party they run with. Rowan was preference and not preferenced entirely because he was in the RPP, as was Fritz and Marokai because they were in the JCP, as was myself and SPC, as was Franzl and afleitch. That's the nature of the game, like it or not. If he ran as an independent, he would've been nowhere near the Senate. If he was in a different party, he would have never been nominated. I'm not trying to be confrontational, but I am stating facts about the current landscape of Atlasia. It is his seat now, and he doesn't have to step down, but hardly anyone gets elected these days because of who they are (with exceptions, as I said). It's foolish to make that argument, because it simply is not true. Most people vote down party lines whether it be JCP, RPP or DA. Virtually everyone voted their top 2 party candidates first in the last senate election.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 09:44:42 PM »

What I don't understand is why these news papers don't seek interviews with people rather than having a free-for-all approach. We just end up having the same folks getting interviewed each time. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 10:14:13 PM »

What I don't understand is why these news papers don't seek interviews with people rather than having a free-for-all approach. We just end up having the same folks getting interviewed each time. Tongue

I will ramp it up when the election for Governor is over.

Well, it's not just yours in particular. All the papers do the "if you want to be interviewed, tell us!" Instead, why not go after the news makers like other news outlets do!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 12:46:24 PM »

The law is the law. Active or not, we can't start applying it people based on how active they are. If these allegations are correct, the law was broken.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies