oh-2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:16:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  oh-2
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: oh-2  (Read 2967 times)
GOPFlyer10
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 13, 2009, 02:00:35 PM »

Mean Jean might get taken down this year... David Krikorian is running as a democrat. he got nearly 20% last year as an independent. Very blue dog... looks like it will be good
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 07:29:16 PM »

Maybe but Rob Portman is running statewide and this is his home turf, I expect him to win this are in landslide probably close to 70% to 75% of the vote in OH-02. He will also bring out a lot Republicans to vote in this area that might not otherwise. This should help Mean Jean Schmidt
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 11:08:20 PM »

Mean Jean has been keeping her head down enough lately that she's unlikely to lose in either the general or primary.  Most of the furor over her freshmen gaffes has died down and people are more concerned about their pocketbooks now than her antics several years ago.  So unless she starts lobbying to have the GITMO prisoners moved to southwestern Ohio I doubt she'll be in much trouble.
GOPFlyer10
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 12:29:28 PM »

In 2006 she won by the smallest margin that a republican has won by in 42 years. She was up against a Pro Gay Marriage and Pro Choice Democrat, which only around 15% of the people in the district consider themselves those things. In 2008 she won with a bigger margin, but only receiving 45% of the vote- also making her the member of congress reelected with the fewest amount of votes.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 01:13:56 PM »

2006 and 2008 were insanely Democratic years. 2010(as of now) doesn't look like it will be.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 02:13:44 PM »

2006 and 2008 were insanely Democratic years. 2010(as of now) doesn't look like it will be.

Plus as Padfoot said, the controversy surronding her has died down somewhat. And as I said Portman will be running statewide and he used to pull percents in the 70's out of this district and I firmly expect his Senate totals in this district to match or exceed that. Unless his campaign collapses and he gives up of course.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 05:14:47 PM »

Plus as Padfoot said, the controversy surronding her has died down somewhat. And as I said Portman will be running statewide and he used to pull percents in the 70's out of this district and I firmly expect his Senate totals in this district to match or exceed that. Unless his campaign collapses and he gives up of course.

I dont see Portman getting in the 70's in the district, but he should get around 65%.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 05:31:57 PM »

I dont see Portman getting in the 70's in the district, but he should get around 65%.

I was just going by the margins he had won there. Of course when you factor in the 5 years since he left and the number who forgot about him I would say 65-69 would be fairly reasonable. But 70+ is not immpossible though.
GOPFlyer10
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 07:57:14 PM »

just wait and see, you're going to be surprised
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 10:14:49 PM »

Now why is a libertarian supporting a Blue Dog Democrat?
GOPFlyer10
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 11:13:45 PM »

Now why is a libertarian supporting a Blue Dog Democrat?

look him up and read his platform
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 08:49:54 AM »

I think it's possible. Even Blackwell and DeWine did very well in this part of the state while going do to big defeats statewide. (They are from the area, but so is Portman.)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 08:00:18 AM »

It's "possible" and it should be reasonably close, but it's not going to happpen.
SamInTheSouth

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 05:10:10 PM »

I doubt it.  This district is R+13.  There is no reason for Republicans to vote against Mean Jean unless she does something to piss them off and has been mentioned already her past gaffes are behind her.
GOPFlyer10
Rookie
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 02:00:06 PM »

DCCC Targets OH2, Wants Conservative Democrat

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Executive Director Jon Vogel weighed in on the Second District race. As reported in The National Journal on June 5, 2009, Vogel said that the 2008 Democratic candidate was "not the right candidate" and that the DCCC is ready to back a conservative Democratic candidate to unseat the unpopular Schmidt.  The DCCC has targeted Ohio 2 as one of it's top 8 pick-up opportunities in the 2010 elections

Krikorian Leading in Four of Seven Counties

Krikorian leads Schmidt in four of the districts' seven counties, including Hamilton, the largest county, as well as Adams, Brown, and Pike.  "What I find revealing is that Schmidt polled below what she got in the general election seven months ago," said Krikorian.

He added, "I will beat Jean Schmidt in 2010.  Then we will have a representative in Congress with an economic and financial background to help us deal effectively with the major challenges of our time." 

Over half of the respondents to the telephone survey cited the economy as their number one issue of concern.  The survey also measured approval ratings for President Obama, Governor Strickland and Jean Schmidt.  Schmidt's approval rating is 42%

Complete polling statistics and the National Journal story can be found on the Krikorian2010 website (http://www.krikorian2010.com)
Pulse Opinion Research, LLC

The survey of 500 likely voters was conducted by Pulse Opinion Research on June 11, 2009.  Pulse Opinion Research, LLC, is an independent public opinion research firm using automated polling methodology and procedures licensed from Rasmussen Reports, LLC. 
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 08:34:46 PM »

Safe GOP. For Now.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies