Meta: how to post custom maps?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:14:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Meta: how to post custom maps?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Meta: how to post custom maps?  (Read 1471 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 22, 2009, 08:53:32 AM »

I recognize that discussion properly belongs in a different forum, but given how small our Political Geography/Demographics community is I think it would be ok and less disruptive to hash it out here.

We are fortunate to have some dedicated mapmakers here with knowledge of electoral geography. Now we have a web tool that enables some past slackers like me to contribute our maps, as well.

Not every map generates comments, but I know that if I go to the trouble to make one, I'm going to post it. How would people like maps to be posted?

1. Put redistricting app maps in the Dave's Redistricting App thread, as we've been doing
2. Try to dig up old threads pertaining to states and putting new maps in those, even if they don't relate to old content (what I did with Pennsylvania)
3. Start official threads for each state (similar to 2; someone tried this months ago)
4. Huh

What do people think? More to the point, what kind of behavior do people find to be a problem?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 05:32:18 PM »

#1 seems like the best option to me. It doesn't seem like there's any point to have "Here's my map of state x" threads that generate two or three replies.
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 06:12:12 PM »

#1 seems like the best option to me. It doesn't seem like there's any point to have "Here's my map of state x" threads that generate two or three replies.

I agree that one location for maps generated with Dave's App makes sense. That's probably what should be done for discussion of all the Swing State Project maps as well - create a single thread. For other sources unique to a state, a state-specific thread makes sense. That will also be true as states change or consider changes to their redistricting process.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 08:03:32 AM »

Ok, I'll post my future Dave's App maps in that thread.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies