National Presidential Primary County and State Maps (1912-2020)

<< < (123/123)

Geoffrey Howe:
Quote from: Dr. RI, Trustbuster on March 18, 2020, 11:45:20 AM

2020 Massachusetts D Primary by Precinct:

Image Link

2020 Minnesota D Primary by Precinct:

Image Link

Excellent maps. It’s interesting looking at the results of Northampton, MA. A university town in the very ‘liberal’ Pioneer Valley. It voted for Warren and also gave Sanders a very good score. There seems to be a sharp dichotomy between the east, by the river, which voted for Sanders (this part is the town centre and contains the university), and the west (seemed more residential when I visited) which voted strongly for Warren.

The whole town is strongly Democratic; Stein came second in many precincts in 2016. In 2020 it stayed very D, with good swings to Biden for an >80% D town (Sanders/Stein supporters falling into line?); and the best swings in the western residential areas.

Any ideas for why the primary results were so? All I can think of is the university. It is an all-women place - but amongst young, educated women Warren seemed to do best. Worth noting that Warren won strongly in Cambridge, but nearby Amherst showed a similar split too.

RI:
2020 Texas D Primary by Precinct:

Image Link

Geoffrey Howe:
Quote from: Dr. RI, Trustbuster on March 05, 2021, 05:28:46 PM

2020 Texas D Primary by Precinct:

Image Link

Thank you for the maps. Any ideas for the Sanders strength in east Plano? I’m not familiar with the area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page