*CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION*
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 08:05:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  *CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION*
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: *CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION*  (Read 17455 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2004, 09:03:57 PM »

I think that, rather than having each reason composed of ten states, we should have each region composed of such states as to give it approximately 108 electoral votes (1/5 of 538) in "real life." The Rest of the World could form the sixth region.

Acctually, if you look at my map, every region has roughly the smae number of EV's.  Also, I'm against the 'rest of the world' idea.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2004, 09:08:54 PM »

Supersoulty, I think your idea of the regional breakup is perfect. A good mix of states in each region.

If we do the EV points awarded by the number of registered voters per region, we may run into problems, but until someone keeps track of registered voters and whatever region they're in, we can't know.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2004, 09:09:34 PM »

I did a map a few weeks ago of EVs, but they werein 10 regions not five.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2004, 09:15:34 PM »

I think we should do EVs by state and not region.  But that's just me Tongue
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2004, 09:24:33 PM »

This is my proposal for SENATE regions, I don't really know what to do for EV's and such.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2004, 09:31:53 PM »

Equal EV Regions:

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2004, 09:38:23 PM »

10-state regions proposal #3984756230

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2004, 09:51:11 PM »

The difference between your new plan and mine are alomst negligible.  Why change from my set-up?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2004, 09:54:25 PM »

I still prefer my plan, but this could work.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2004, 10:46:25 PM »

I like this one
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2004, 11:00:31 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2004, 11:17:08 PM by Beet »

I like this (Hughento's) regions too, it makes intuitive sense. However, the regions are a little bit more even in supersoulty's plan.

Hughento's plan:

Northeast 96
South 119
Midwest 130
Plains 84
West 109

Supersoulty's plan:

Northeast 104
Southeast 124
Midwest 113
South central 97
West 100
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2004, 11:39:45 PM »

The one problem with a five region plan is that whoever wins three regions wins the election. Period.

A six-region plan (which I believe somebody proposed) would allow for a more competitive election night. Both candidates could win three regions, and the election might be a little closer.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2004, 11:41:50 PM »

Well, there are about a million proposals, so I suggest if everyone who wants to proposes a map, presuming we have 5 regions, in a thread I'll create, we can put up a poll with the best 5-6.

Max. 3 maps per person, and only 1 of the person's three will be in the poll?

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2004, 01:17:21 AM »

The one problem with a five region plan is that whoever wins three regions wins the election. Period.

A six-region plan (which I believe somebody proposed) would allow for a more competitive election night. Both candidates could win three regions, and the election might be a little closer.

Must we choose the Pres. by regions? I thought that was for senators and the Pres. can still be chosen by popular vote.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2004, 01:19:17 AM »

There is still reason to balance out the regions by EVs, just to make it more realistic. But yeah it would be kind of unfair and lead to a lot of region-switching if we chose the president that way.
dunn

« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2004, 03:34:06 AM »

Someone had a 7 region offer a while ago that was not bad.

We (the progressive party draft that is) propose ev by state in the presidential elretions. but by the forum 'population' number   ie: a state with no voters do not get ev. all other get at least 3 (one registered person = 3ev, 2=4ev, etc.). it's keep the ev system but makes it real for thr forum and there is not 1 guy from CA worth 55 ev and two from DC that worth 3 together.

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2004, 06:40:59 AM »

I personally significantly prefer popular vote for preferential elections; everything else is just too complicated. You get the most votes and you win. (If we also include preferential voting, then it is even fairer)
dunn

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2004, 06:43:02 AM »

I personally significantly prefer popular vote for preferential elections; everything else is just too complicated. You get the most votes and you win. (If we also include preferential voting, then it is even fairer)

So what's the states' all about, and don't we want to play like the US, and if a popular vote, why not do it for senate too
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2004, 10:03:32 AM »

We (the progressive party draft that is) propose ev by state in the presidential elretions. but by the forum 'population' number   ie: a state with no voters do not get ev. all other get at least 3 (one registered person = 3ev, 2=4ev, etc.). it's keep the ev system but makes it real for thr forum and there is not 1 guy from CA worth 55 ev and two from DC that worth 3 together.

IF we have state-by-state EVs they MUST be correlated to forum members. Period. Anything else would be INSANE and UNFAIR.
dunn

« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2004, 11:47:01 AM »

IF we have state-by-state EVs they MUST be correlated to forum members. Period. Anything else would be INSANE and UNFAIR.

That was my proposel (the progressive that is ILVerin...)

you should join us Gustaf
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2004, 12:52:32 PM »

i have a qualm with demrep's version, he says that no one who doesn't live in the region can be elected, what about us foreigners, are we then excluded from this?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2004, 12:56:18 PM »

I think you're too far left for me, but thanks for the offer. Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2004, 03:04:52 PM »

i have a qualm with demrep's version, he says that no one who doesn't live in the region can be elected, what about us foreigners, are we then excluded from this?

no, your region would be the region of the state in your avatar Smiley

I really think that we should do the President by popular preferential voting, b/c the amount of people in regions will change, and peoples votes might be usesless (for example and D in Fl would have a void vote b/c of all the FL Republicans).

The senate should also have popular preferential voting, but in regions that they represent. Two senators per region representing that region.
dunn

« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2004, 04:09:06 PM »

no I don't think so
if you go with the dems you can go with us
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2004, 05:07:05 PM »

no I don't think so
if you go with the dems you can go with us

I just manage to go along with the Dems...but I haven't seen that much of your policies yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies