Resolution Compelling the President to Appoint a New GM (Law'd)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 09:59:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Resolution Compelling the President to Appoint a New GM (Law'd)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Resolution Compelling the President to Appoint a New GM (Law'd)  (Read 3265 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 08, 2009, 08:37:27 PM »
« edited: June 13, 2009, 07:33:40 PM by Senator MasterJedi, PPT »

Resolution Compelling the President to Appoint a New GM

Whereas, the position of Game Moderator is necessary for the full function of the Senate; and,

Whereas, President bgwah's current GM, Ebowed, has proven sporadic and ineffective in his position; and,

Whereas, the Senate, by statute and subsequent motion, has dismissed GM Ebowed from his office; therefore let it be

RESOLVED, that the Senate hereby calls upon the President to exercise all due haste in nominating for Atlasia a new GM to be confirmed or denied by the Senate.

Spon: Sen. PurpleState
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 09:26:12 PM »

Why should I appoint a GM when the Senate has proven they will simply ignore the news posted?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 09:28:32 PM »

Why should I appoint a GM when the Senate has proven they will simply ignore the news posted?

I have brought legislation for just about every piece Ebowed has posted during my time in the Senate. Your argument falls on deaf ears Mr. President.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 09:32:15 PM »

I have brought legislation for just about every piece Ebowed has posted during my time in the Senate. Your argument falls on deaf ears Mr. President.

My mistake, you have proven yourself to be an excellent and responsive legislator.  In fact, would you be interested in the position of GM?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 09:34:49 PM »

My mistake, you have proven yourself to be an excellent and responsive legislator.  In fact, would you be interested in the position of GM?

I sense unnecessary sarcasm. Had I not made a commitment to the people who voted for me, I would take the position. However, while I will not be GM, I (and a number of the other Senators) do know a responsible citizen willing to take the job.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 09:35:56 PM »

It couldn't be as unnecessary as this resolution.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 09:40:05 PM »

What is unnecessary is the reluctance of our President to replace an inactive GM. Any steps taken to remedy that situation are absolutely warranted.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 09:41:01 PM »

What is unnecessary is the reluctance of our President to replace an inactive GM. Any steps taken to remedy that situation are absolutely warranted.

He just offered you the position, didn't he?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 09:41:43 PM »

I sense unnecessary sarcasm. Had I not made a commitment to the people who voted for me, I would take the position. However, while I will not be GM, I (and a number of the other Senators) do know a responsible citizen willing to take the job.

I'm not being sarcastic. I'm willing to come to a compromise with the Senate and select a new GM. But I want it to be the best person available and I think that's you.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 10:03:17 PM »

While I have fully considered your offer, I have made a commitment to the people of Atlasia to serve them as a Senator. Make no mistake, I would be honored to hold such a position and bring Atlasia forward, but the time is not right for me to leave the Senate.

However, if you hold such deep respect for me and my ability that you would make such an approach, PM and and let me recommend a suitable candidate for the position.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 08:18:03 AM »

I fully support this. We need an active GM.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 12:07:49 PM »

no.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 12:27:50 PM »

Is it legal to "compel" the President to carry out certain executive powers?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 06:47:01 PM »

Why wouldn't it be? It's a resolution.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 10:11:28 PM »

Perhaps "imploring" would be a better verb, then.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 10:13:13 PM »

I'm not imploring. That would imply I am asking the President nicely to do so. I wouldn't want this resolution to be at all confused with that.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 10:50:33 PM »

I'm not imploring. That would imply I am asking the President nicely to do so.

Purple heart
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 11:08:22 PM »

I'm not imploring. That would imply I am asking the President nicely to do so. I wouldn't want this resolution to be at all confused with that.

Ebowed and I had agreed that his tenure as GM would end. However, this was before the Senate's unnecessary, hostile, and rude actions. You do not tell me what to do, PS, and I do not see it fit to reward such childish behavior. It looks increasingly likely that you'll have to wait for a different President before you have any chance at getting your precious GM (though my offer to appoint you to the position still stands). When the next President is sworn in less than a month now, try acting like a decent human being and perhaps they will be more receptive to your input.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 11:22:07 PM »

Ebowed and I had agreed that his tenure as GM would end. However, this was before the Senate's unnecessary, hostile, and rude actions. You do not tell me what to do, PS, and I do not see it fit to reward such childish behavior. It looks increasingly likely that you'll have to wait for a different President before you have any chance at getting your precious GM (though my offer to appoint you to the position still stands). When the next President is sworn in less than a month now, try acting like a decent human being and perhaps they will be more receptive to your input.

Please, do not try to act as if it was my actions that lead to your sluggish and unacceptable response to your own administration's inactivity. Nor can you possibly try to argue that I alone was hostile towards you. It was Ebowed's belligerence and your own attacks that led me on this crusade. Your sudden proclaimed innocence falls on deaf ears.

Had you accepted the early calls of the Senate or its initial legislation (which I didn't even sponsor) as a sign to replace Ebowed, and had you taken the appropriate action of removing him, all of this could have been avoided. However, you clearly were not concerned with the responsibilities of your office and moseyed along at your own, clearly unacceptable pace.

Finally, quit it with your "offer" of the position to me. While the position does intrigue me, I could not ever imagine myself accepting such an office under your administration. While I am more than happy to work with the JCP and its active members (including Marokai, with whom I have a close working relationship), I have no interest in cooperating with you.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 11:24:26 PM »

While the position does intrigue me, I could not ever imagine myself accepting such an office under your administration. While I am more than happy to work with the JCP and its active members (including Marokai, with whom I have a close working relationship), I have no interest in cooperating with you.

You mean to say that the GM is a position which is solely under the purview of the executive branch?

Shocking
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 11:51:42 PM »

Please, do not try to act as if it was my actions that lead to your sluggish and unacceptable response to your own administration's inactivity.

And please do not act like you know what actions I had been taking in private to deal with the situation. I am merely informing that your disgraceful behavior has not only resulted in your agenda failing to move forward, but has introduced unnecessary hostility harmful to Atlasia. I've been around a long time, and it is these types of personal disputes that drive people from Atlasia--not any lack of a game moderator.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I do not believe I ever suggested that you were the only member to display hostility, but you have spewed far more venom and bile than other critics such MasterJedi and Franzl.

My attacks? I had been very kind and civil to you, even going out of my way to help you get elected to the Senate. Your implication that I started the "attacks" is a ridiculous lie. I guess you could say that your victimization ploy and "proclaimed innocence falls on deaf ears."

As I have mentioned, I was in the process of civilly dealing with the situation. This could have been avoided if you and others had not been so hostile and rude.

No other Atlasian has fought so hard for what they believe to be an absolutely necessary position. No other Atlasian seems to have such a clear vision for what the GM should be, and thus you would logically be the best candidate for the office, no?

You gladly accepted my help in getting yourself elected to the Senate. Fascinating. Is throwing people under the bus once you no longer deem them useful a common tactic for you? It wouldn't surprise me.

You've already made that crystal clear, though I appreciate you openly admitting it for everyone else to see. I'm happy to cooperate with others as I have done many times, but I have no interest in cooperating with the type of person who makes statements like this.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 11:44:04 PM »

I hereby open up a final vote on this resolution. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.

Aye
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 11:58:05 PM »

Nay.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States