Dave's Redistricting App (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:31:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Dave's Redistricting App (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dave's Redistricting App  (Read 309291 times)
CultureKing
United States

« on: June 10, 2009, 03:02:42 AM »

Hmm... I made a map of Washington with 10 districts but I am not exactly sure how to save from the program to my computer (yes, I do feel like an idiot if any of you are wondering).
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 06:10:43 PM »

Here is Washington with 10 districts. I am not completely sure what the political leans would be for each district. Though I think it would probably turn into 7 dems and 3 reps (or perhaps a 6-4 scenario).
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 07:16:08 PM »

Here is my take on Washington with 10 congressional districts:

Close-up of Puget Sound:

This would put the new 10th district in the South Sound. While Thurston county would lean democratic the addition of Lewis and southern Pierce would moderate the district (honestly I am not sure exactly how it would vote).

1st district (Northern Seattle/Snohomish county): Would be solid dem
2nd district (Everett to Bellingham): I actually barely changed the 2nd, would remain lean dem.
3rd district (Vancouver crossing into Eastern WA): Changes to lean/moderate Republican
4th district (Tri-cities): Remains solid Republican
5th district (Spokane): Would probably become slight less Republican but still difficult for democrats to capture even under good conditions.
6th district (Aberdeen/Bremerton/Tacoma): Slighlty less dem because of losses in Tacoma but remains lean dem.
7th district (Seattle): Even more solid dem
8th district (Bellevue): Goes from toss-up to slight dem. With the loss of Pierce county Reichart would be in BIG trouble
9th district (Kent/Federal Way): Becomes more solid democratic

End Result:
7 dem districts
3 rep districs
(though likely the 8th and 10th could switch to either party)

Any thoughts?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies