opinions please.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:50:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  opinions please.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: opinions please.  (Read 2993 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 03:09:31 PM »

either the Koran states you can spread the faith by the sword, thus showing proving it is a violent religion and that Mohammad faithfully spread the message by the sword, or the Koran does NOT teach speading the message through the sword, thus Mohammad didn't practice what he preached. 

On the other hand, Jesus and the Apostles were true to the Gospel, they practiced what they preached and they did NOT spread the Gospel with the sword.

You critique Islam for its contradictory teachings and ignore the fact that Christianity has its own problems.

which problems are those?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 04:42:42 PM »

This thread encompasses everything I hate about religion. 'Nuff said.
Tonberry
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 06:12:40 PM »

either the Koran states you can spread the faith by the sword, thus showing proving it is a violent religion and that Mohammad faithfully spread the message by the sword, or the Koran does NOT teach speading the message through the sword, thus Mohammad didn't practice what he preached. 

On the other hand, Jesus and the Apostles were true to the Gospel, they practiced what they preached and they did NOT spread the Gospel with the sword.

You critique Islam for its contradictory teachings and ignore the fact that Christianity has its own problems.

As I said in my last post, I don't intend to argue this further. You and I do not see eye to eye and I'd never succeed in convincing you of anything. Furthermore, it was not the purpose of this thread to debate whether or not Islam is as reasonable as Christianity.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 06:26:11 PM »

but maybe I could explain these "problems" to you
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2009, 01:38:27 AM »

As I said in my last post, I don't intend to argue this further. You and I do not see eye to eye and I'd never succeed in convincing you of anything. Furthermore, it was not the purpose of this thread to debate whether or not Islam is as reasonable as Christianity.
true but it would be fun to read. So if you want please go ahead.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies