George Tiller dead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:39:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  George Tiller dead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: George Tiller dead  (Read 10419 times)
Stampever
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2009, 06:59:02 AM »

Hopefully, Kansas has the death penalty.

They do, but they haven't executed anyone in over 30 years (even though there are five people awaiting execution).  

Aside from the questionable moral choices this doctor made, it is painfully obvious that a segment of our society, more often than not associated with Ultra-right wing, christian extremism, refuses to participate in Democracy. We have a concept, called loyal opposition, that means, when you lose an election, on an issue, on policy, you work within the system to change it. The VAST majority of the pro-life movement understands this. Unfortunately, some in the media, (Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh) don't get it.

You ignore our friends in ELF, Dave Wilson of PETA, Fran Trutt (another animal rights activist), etc.

Both sides have an equal amount of idiots who "refuses to participate in Democracy."  To say "more often than not" is disingenuous.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2009, 06:59:17 AM »

Oh, yeah, Byron Looper. I think I dimly remember that, actually.

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2009, 07:02:14 AM »

THAT IS JUST LIKE REPUBLICANS TO DO THAT
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2009, 07:04:34 AM »

It seems that's just a collection of any piece of violence committed by a pro-abortion "activist" or doctor.   Like in the case of the satanist shooting "pro-life minister" Simon -- he was probably killed because he was a minister, not because he was a pro-life activist.

It seems that Janezic was a) insane (she's serving her life sentence in a mental institution) b) an avowed satanist. The idea that she was "a pro-abortion activist" (what's that supposed to be, exactly?) and/or (however locally) "well known" seems to have arisen on the internet about a decade after the act.
Worth noting she shot a preacher who certainly was locally well known and certainly was a pro-life activist. And that she did so at a time when the murder of an abortionist was getting a lot of media attention. For all I know, Janezic might have considered abortion to be murder, and approve of abortionists on these grounds.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2009, 08:20:54 AM »

Hopefully, Kansas has the death penalty.

They do, but they haven't executed anyone in over 30 years (even though there are five people awaiting execution).  

Aside from the questionable moral choices this doctor made, it is painfully obvious that a segment of our society, more often than not associated with Ultra-right wing, christian extremism, refuses to participate in Democracy. We have a concept, called loyal opposition, that means, when you lose an election, on an issue, on policy, you work within the system to change it. The VAST majority of the pro-life movement understands this. Unfortunately, some in the media, (Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh) don't get it.

You ignore our friends in ELF, Dave Wilson of PETA, Fran Trutt (another animal rights activist), etc.

Both sides have an equal amount of idiots who "refuses to participate in Democracy."  To say "more often than not" is disingenuous.

ELF, PETA /= OKC Bombers, Militia movement. To equate them is disengenuous.
Stampever
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2009, 09:05:57 AM »

OKC Bombers =/= ultra right-wing extremism. To equate them is disengenuous.

(I can do that too)

After all, McVeigh was against both the Persian Gulf war (under Bush) and the actions Clinton took towards Waco.  He was anti-government, just like other anti-government groups like Weather Underground, for example.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2009, 01:21:58 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LMAO.

I only read three cases there I saw as somewhat valid, two of which have been debunked. That leaves the guy who murdered his girlfriend for refusing to have an abortion and even that's not the same as this, I doubt this guy cared about pro-life activists.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2009, 02:24:16 PM »

I only read three cases there I saw as somewhat valid, two of which have been debunked. That leaves the guy who murdered his girlfriend for refusing to have an abortion and even that's not the same as this, I doubt this guy cared about pro-life activists.
...and is also something that I'm sure has happened more than once (well, ex girlfriend or fuckbuddy will usually be more accurate terms).
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2009, 02:42:42 PM »

This was a terrible thing and as much as I think Tiller should have been arrested and tried for genocide, it is wrong for people to take the law into thier own hands his family should be pitied too.

on the other hand just wait.  Now the liberals will use this one isolated incident as a excuse to accuse ALL christians and all conservatives of being terrorists.  And no one will talk about just as many and probably far more acts of terrorism by liberals on conservatives on business or on society in general
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2009, 02:47:02 PM »

Now the liberals will use this one isolated incident as a excuse to accuse ALL christians and all conservatives of being terrorists. 

One of Tiller's friends was just on MSNBC. It was so disgusting. He said the only thing separating Pro Life groups and the Taliban are 8,000 miles or something like that. It wasn't even an interview. The anchors had him on the phone and just had him rant about Pro Life groups.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2009, 02:48:04 PM »

Now the liberals will use this one isolated incident as a excuse to accuse ALL christians and all conservatives of being terrorists. 

One of Tiller's friends was just on MSNBC. It was so disgusting. He said the only thing separating Pro Life groups and the Taliban are 8,000 miles or something like that. It wasn't even an interview. The anchors had him on the phone and just had him rant about Pro Life groups.

Very typical of the leftist-dominated media in this country.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2009, 05:34:51 PM »

Very typical of the leftist-dominated media in this country.

Well, Journalists deal in reality, and reality has a well know liberal bias.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2009, 07:55:51 PM »

This was an act of domestic terrorism and one which we have seen before.  Unfortunately I think it will work.  Federal law enforcement should do more to protect people like Dr. Tiller.

Some are under the delusion that women seek late-term abortions casually and therefore they should be outlawed.  In the vast majority of cases, something terrible has happened, such a baby with severe hydrocephalus, or a pregnant woman discovering she has cancer and needs chemotherapy, or a raped 12 year-old who didn't tell anyone.  As Justice Ginsburg said, "The very purpose of a health exception is to protect women in exceptional cases."

And now where will these women go?
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2009, 01:52:36 AM »

This was an act of domestic terrorism and one which we have seen before.  Unfortunately I think it will work. 

And I was right:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1241739.html

For those who don't want to see doctors terrorized out of performing abortions, Medical Students for Choice is a good organization to support.

http://www.ms4c.org/
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2009, 03:28:46 AM »

I wonder who he was really mad at. 
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2009, 07:18:45 AM »

This was an act of domestic terrorism and one which we have seen before.  Unfortunately I think it will work.  Federal law enforcement should do more to protect people like Dr. Tiller.

Some are under the delusion that women seek late-term abortions casually and therefore they should be outlawed.  In the vast majority of cases, something terrible has happened, such a baby with severe hydrocephalus, or a pregnant woman discovering she has cancer and needs chemotherapy, or a raped 12 year-old who didn't tell anyone.  As Justice Ginsburg said, "The very purpose of a health exception is to protect women in exceptional cases."

The problem is Tiller the Baby Killer was stretching that so called "protection" so much to the extreme that he was even brought up on charges in court.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2009, 03:17:59 PM »

The problem is Tiller the Baby Killer was stretching that so called "protection" so much to the extreme that he was even brought up on charges in court.

It only took an hour for a jury to clear Dr. Tiller of all 19 misdemeanor charges.  Your pathetic response doesn't surprise me.  Because so many in the so called "pro-life" community see no connection between their use of inflammatory language like "Tiller The Baby Killer" and violence against doctors.  Quite frankly, it's a sign of moral bankruptcy.  They lecture about responsibility but take responsibility for nothing.

As for the question "Where will these women go?"  I see you didn't (or perhaps can't) answer it.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »

As for the question "Where will these women go?"  I see you didn't (or perhaps can't) answer it.

There is always option number three: he doesn't care.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2009, 03:46:54 PM »

There is always option number three: he doesn't care.

Or option number four: he wants them to have their baby.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2009, 08:49:25 PM »

Abortion is murder, plain and simple. Life begins at conception. MaxQue is right of course, he seems to be one of the few reasonable left wingers around here.

I feel as much sympathy for Tiller as I feel for Joseph Mengele.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2009, 11:37:04 PM »

Hydrocephalus causes enlargement of the skull up to two and a half times the normal size and can be undetectable until late in the second trimester.  It causes massive brain damage in the fetus, which often doesn't live long after birth and for obvious reasons the delivery can cause terrible physical damage to the mother.  In a rational world, people would consider forcing a delivery like this inhumane.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2009, 11:40:39 PM »

Obviously very common. Roll Eyes I love how liberals always use the most extreme, uncommon condition to justify making something so morally abhorrent common place.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2009, 11:46:02 PM »

Obviously very common. Roll Eyes I love how liberals always use the most extreme, uncommon condition to justify making something so morally abhorrent common place.

So late term abortions should be allowed if a woman's health is in risk, like in the case described?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2009, 11:46:59 PM »

So late term abortions should be allowed if a woman's health is in risk, like in the case described?

Only in the immediate chance of death.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2009, 01:31:58 AM »

How considerate of you!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length