Will the GOP eventually bite the bullet and start nominating "moderates?" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:51:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Will the GOP eventually bite the bullet and start nominating "moderates?" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will the GOP eventually bite the bullet and start nominating "moderates?"  (Read 13836 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: May 29, 2009, 11:14:54 PM »

The GOP ran the most moderate candidate they could and got massacred. Yeah, that's what the people want. The problem is, people saw McCain and Obama and said, "What the hell is the difference?". If we had a fairly strong economic conservative running people would have had an actual choice. Why would anyone want a traitor like Colin Powell in their party? If he wants more moderates then why didn't he vote for McCain? Like I said before, we have a bunch of Zell Miller type Republicans telling the party what they should do. Roll over like dogs to the Democrats or you are going to get beaten.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 11:53:51 PM »

If he wants more moderates then why didn't he vote for McCain?

Because McCain didn't run as a moderate.

Correct. He ran as a Democrat.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 12:16:51 AM »

If he wants more moderates then why didn't he vote for McCain?
Because McCain didn't run as a moderate.
Correct. He ran as a Democrat.

Could you remind me of which of McCain's campaign themes were reminiscent of Democratic positions?

Support of the bailout for starters.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 12:32:41 AM »

He didn't run on the bailout? Could have fooled me. That was the only issue from September 15th till the end. Anyway that was half the problem with McCain, "What did he run on?" His campaign was total garbage, he rolled over like a dead dog to Obama when he should have called Obama out. Kindness killed the McCain campaign.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 12:43:52 AM »

He didn't run on the bailout? Could have fooled me. That was the only issue from September 15th till the end. Anyway that was half the problem with McCain, "What did he run on?" His campaign was total garbage, he rolled over like a dead dog to Obama when he should have called Obama out. Kindness killed the McCain campaign.

Oh, he didn't run on his conservative credentials in the areas of national security, education reform, energy independence, and tax cuts as his website and campaign speaches detailed?  We're not in disagreement that his campaign was garbage, we're in disagreement on what it was about.

Of course he did but maybe due to the side on which the media was on we never really got to hear about all of that. A lot of times, especially during the debates, I had to sit back and ask myself, "What's the difference between these two guys?"
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 12:49:35 AM »

In the end that's all that matters. If people were really paying attention Obama would have a low 50's approval rating. From where I sit now I hardly see the economy improving in any way. All we have to look forward to is some lagging European style economy, high tax rates and no potential for future growth.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 06:37:07 PM »

Seriously, can anyone think of another prominent politician who has changed his standing so completely and quickly on so many policies?

Barack Obama from January 19th until January 20th.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 10:23:11 AM »

I now remember why I supported Romney in the first place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies