What to do with ghettos? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:02:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What to do with ghettos? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What to do with ghettos?  (Read 2987 times)
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« on: May 28, 2009, 01:41:10 AM »

I don't know; it's really not my business.  I wouldn't live there myself, but to each his own.

Actually it is your problem Van.  While you may think, my life is good, why I should I care what happens in the ghetto, the truth is that what happens in our community to other people affects us in ways we often may not be able to anticipate.

I often hear from right-wingers that the government shouldn't interfere (and therefore tax them to pay for its programs) to solve problems such as poverty, but what they don't realize is that if the government doesn't interfere, those poor can become a problem to the rest.  Why do you think crime rates are so high in underprivileged communities?Another example of this is healthcare.  Right-wingers don't want healthcare for all as long as they can afford their medical bills, but if people around you get sick and have no medical treatment, you will get sick too.  

Sometimes I think that the only solutions for those who believe that we shouldn't do anything to solve the problems our society has is to lock themselves in a castle, build a wall around it and not interact with anyone in order to avoid the consequences of their inaction.

100%
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 12:22:42 PM »

To me the word "ghetto" when used by white people is code for " where the Negros live"

"Low income" would have been better.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies