What to do with ghettos? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:05:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What to do with ghettos? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What to do with ghettos?  (Read 2989 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 26, 2009, 11:22:53 PM »

What to do with ghettos?
Fire
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 01:41:07 AM »

They usually start the fires don't they?

And I thought cities were spreading them throughout the town instead of piling them on top of each other.  Gives them a nice, steady level of crime throughout the city instead of focusing it on one small part.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 02:29:53 AM »

I don't think they release criminals to a location.  The criminals are released and they go home...."home" for criminals is almost always in poor areas.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 02:49:45 AM »

Aye...forgot about them.  They are nearly always in or near the sh**t part of town.  Several reasons for that I'm sure....cheaper to buy, neighbors have less money to fight putting it there in the first place, closer to manual labor type jobs.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 03:06:57 AM »

Recidivism is always going to be high, there is a reason these people went to crime in the first place and most of the time those reasons only get bigger/stronger while they are in prison.

Sadly I don't see a practical solution either.  There are some things we can do though.  Change how we fight or stop the war on drugs.  Keep telling black dudes that getting a girl pregnant and then taking off is one of the worst things a person can do.  Change the public school system...get some kids into vocational training earlier (if they want it).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 07:30:56 AM »

opebo, thank you for always being here to educate us on the various social classes in the US.  We should all be thankfull we have such an expert on our message board.  Always willing to drop into any thread about the poor to tell us they have no chance at all to move up in life, how 80% (or was it 90?) of us are in this group and the top 10-20% (of which opebo is part) knowingly keep their collective boot on the throat of the masses.  We're too brainwashed here to see it though, only opebo has managed to remove the rose colored (coloured) glasses and has seen America for what she actually is.

Thank you again sir.

(pimplyfaced teenager indeed) Wink
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 10:55:59 PM »

I think my question may have been misinterpreted. I wasn't so much asking what to do about poverty, though that is a tricky question too. I'm talking about neighborhoods more than people. I don't get the impression that a lot of people live in the areas I'm talking about, with so many properties apparantly abandoned. My county hasn't really grown since 2000, but there's been plenty of new development in desirable areas. The nasty parts of town have been hollowed out. It just seems really inefficient and undesirable.
Then I'm going with my first answer.  Fire.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies