What to do with ghettos? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:57:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What to do with ghettos? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What to do with ghettos?  (Read 3043 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: May 26, 2009, 09:29:28 PM »

I had the day off today. Out of boredom, driving around town. It's really breathtaking how rundown and abandoned sections of town are. Miles of boarded up houses and even whole apartment complexes left to rot. Grassy lots feet overgown. Little legitimate business in sight.
What productive actions can be taken to correct this? It's really disturbing that people live like that. It's even more disturbing that people don't even think about it.

I agree. I really enjoy driving around ghettos, too, as its instructive to see how the other half lives.

Though I recommend treating red lights as merely a suggestion. Smiley
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 10:19:19 PM »

I had the day off today. Out of boredom, driving around town. It's really breathtaking how rundown and abandoned sections of town are. Miles of boarded up houses and even whole apartment complexes left to rot. Grassy lots feet overgown. Little legitimate business in sight.
What productive actions can be taken to correct this? It's really disturbing that people live like that. It's even more disturbing that people don't even think about it.

I agree. I really enjoy driving around ghettos, too, as its instructive to see how the other half lives.

Though I recommend treating red lights as merely a suggestion. Smiley

I wouldn't say I enjoyed it, though I guess one could say that it was interesting in the same macabre way that it's hard not to gawk at a nasty accident. I really wanted to post some photos to give people a sense of what I'm talking about, but I'm not about to go around the slums snapping photos and I really couldn't find any online, which struck me as strange b/c usually I can find photos of anything (no matter how obscure) online.

Well yeah, true, enjoyable in a macabre way is the best way to explain it. It's definitely sad to see such living conditions in a first world country.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies