"Department of Economic Affairs" & Term Limits Ideas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  "Department of Economic Affairs" & Term Limits Ideas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Department of Economic Affairs" & Term Limits Ideas  (Read 7056 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: April 28, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »

In real life, I am fully opposed to term limits - elections are the best way for citizens to express their opinion of the Government. For Atlasia, in order to prevent the game from becoming stagnent due to an exceptionally popular president from winning election after election, I am in favour of term limits for the President. Something similar to what Marokai expressed earlier would be probably the best way to go (two consecutive terms, followed by a break of at least one term before being eligible again).

The Department of Economic Affairs could probably be rolled together in a GM's role - which is something the game has been lacking. There really needs to be an impartial judge who can dictate the relationship between Atlasia and the outside world.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 10:30:02 AM »

The Department of Economic Affairs could probably be rolled together in a GM's role - which is something the game has been lacking. There really needs to be an impartial judge who can dictate the relationship between Atlasia and the outside world.

Traditionally this has been within the remit of the GM. Some GMs have done such work (Sam Spade and Al come to mind), others have not.

Yeah, I considered adding the words "of late" at the end of the first sentence, but decided to leave them off as I am still too much of a newcomer to have experienced those two GMs and would only be repeating what I'd previously heard (that it was previously an active role). I am strongly in favour of its reintroduction.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 12:22:20 AM »

I would be interested in a GM position, but I don't think I could devote the necessary time for it. Marokai would probably do a good job of it, BrandonH would be great for the position if he wanted it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies