Will the Republicans split into the Libertarian Party and Christian Party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:01:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will the Republicans split into the Libertarian Party and Christian Party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will the Republicans split into the Libertarian Party and Christian Party?  (Read 8231 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« on: June 26, 2009, 12:10:09 AM »
« edited: June 26, 2009, 12:11:49 AM by MagneticFree »

It's a good thing somebody brought this thread up.

I doubt this will ever happen.  We already have the Constitution party and obviously the party I'm in right now. The Constitution party is for social conservative/economic conservative people.  Libertarian party is social liberal/moderate, economic conservative.  If the Republican party ever split up, the two "new" parties would be smaller and probably alienate other people and they could join either the Democrat party or be unaffliated.  That is not good.

The reason I switched parties was the GOP was becoming too much of a party to the Christians/Evangelicals and not focusing enough on being pro-capitalist or business friendly. Also McCain losing election in 2008. Bob Barr could of got my vote, but he always flip flopped on issues such as the patriot act and immigration.  No, my social issues aren't exactly liberal, but they are moderate. I only wish the GOP would stick with the small government agenda that they always talk about.  I will still vote for GOP or Libertarian, depending on the candidate and who is running.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 12:43:44 AM »

While we are dividing beyond recognition, could we add a third "National Party" for those of us who aren't Libertarians, aren't extremely social conservative, and who support the pre-culture-war GOP Smiley
Isn't the Reform party for that?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies