Will the Republicans split into the Libertarian Party and Christian Party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:43:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will the Republicans split into the Libertarian Party and Christian Party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will the Republicans split into the Libertarian Party and Christian Party?  (Read 8238 times)
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« on: May 26, 2009, 04:05:33 PM »

Probably not.  Eventually, the Republican leadership will tire of being locked out of power and alter the party's message accordingly.  This isn't the 1850s.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 05:37:07 PM »

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think the Democrats are growing so much because of our message/radical left-wing San Francisco values of killing babies and hugging trees, but we are a more inclusive (and diverse) party than the Republicans. Our coalition is broader and stronger and growing more so than the Republicans'. The GOP should and must allow moderates and, dare I say it, liberals, back into the party or else they will downsize from a national/major party to a regional party that dominates only in the rural white and Bible Belt regions of the South and Great Plains. I don't know but I wouldn't like to be known as a "regional party." Brings back a time period, oh, say around 1860 in American history.

By inclusive, you mean like how Sestak isn't challenging Specter?  Smiley

I think that the Democrats are growing so much partly because politics is cyclical and partly because Republicans so tacked themselves to Bush that when he tanked, the entire party went with him.  No one wants to be associated with losers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies