Bunning Doesn't Believe in Radio
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:36:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Bunning Doesn't Believe in Radio
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bunning Doesn't Believe in Radio  (Read 1436 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2009, 12:00:46 PM »
« edited: April 08, 2009, 12:02:41 PM by Lunar »

FOX 41's general manager isn't hot for Jim

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=10145139&nav=menu1404_10

Last week about 30 Kentucky broadcasters went to Washington to talk with our Senators and Congressmen - Democrats and Republicans -- about broadcasting issues before Congress and the FCC that will have an effect on our viewers and listeners.

John Yarmuth was the only Congressman who couldn't meet with us, and for good reason.  He was in a committee meeting.

Our group met with Brett Guthrie, Mitch McConnell, Ed Whitfield, Ben Chandler, Geoff Davis, Hal Rogers and Jim Bunning.  Everyone in that group not named "Jim Bunning" was gracious, well informed, courteous, and interested in the issues.

But Senator Bunning was a different animal.  He was rude, cantankerous, condescending, disagreeable and insulting.  Yes, a guy who claims he's going to run again in 2010 demonstrated incredibly poor judgment by actually insulting every radio person in the room by saying, "Radio?  I don't believe in radio."

Someone once said, "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."  Jim Bunning apparently never heard that advice because almost every time he opens his mouth now he's saying something foolish or offensive.

My guess is a blow-up doll could beat him in 2010. But let's hope he bows out before we have to find out.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 02:14:33 PM »

But let's hope he bows out before we have to find out.
OMG Rethuglican!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 04:12:45 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2009, 04:22:41 PM by Torie »

Surely this boy will be primaried. He seems into senile dementia, and I am not  just doing some  hyperbolic jive here. I'm serious.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »

Surely this boy will be primaried ... I'm serious.

That's not how primaries work.  If Bunning was anything except an arch-conservative, it'd be easier.  But all of the most credible primary challengers refuse to do it, and the one guy who wants to primary Bunning has voted to raise Kentucky taxes a few times and is going to get slaughtered.

I haven't heard of anything from KY's House delegation though.  Everyone expects Grayson to take over
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 04:21:10 PM »

Bunning is a certifiable moron.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 04:24:35 PM »

Surely this boy will be primaried ... I'm serious.

That's not how primaries work.  If Bunning was anything except an arch-conservative, it'd be easier.  But all of the most credible primary challengers refuse to do it, and the one guy who wants to primary Bunning has voted to raise Kentucky taxes a few times and is going to get slaughtered.

I haven't heard of anything from KY's House delegation though.  Everyone expects Grayson to take over

Won't Mitch sic Brutus on him?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 04:27:43 PM »

Is that a Caesar reference?  Otherwise I don't get that reference (and I'm a daily follower of KY politics)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 04:39:50 PM »

Is that a Caesar reference?  Otherwise I don't get that reference (and I'm a daily follower of KY politics)

Ya. Arrange with plausible deniability for decorum's sake for the guy to be metaphorically knifed, with his entrails then fed to the dogs in some gay bar in Ft. Campbell.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 04:41:40 PM »

And what is the tie that binds to Kentucky?  Is it the horses, fast women, bourbon or weed? Do you have any Deliverance type relatives living up there in Jackson County?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 04:44:45 PM »

Bunning is hilarious, that's it.  Somewhat like Blago
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 05:29:17 PM »

Bunning is hilarious, that's it.  Somewhat like Blago

And why would we really want somebody so entertaining to just "bow out"? Most of us here live for the Bunnings of the world.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 02:41:42 AM »

to show how seriously the retirement story is going:
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=NEWS010601&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a7da48143-30cc-4581-a717-2cc9df100953Post%3ab7c277d1-393e-44d4-9412-0fcb63294ab8&plckCommentSortOrder=TimeStampAscending&sid=sitelife.courier-journal.com
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 04:38:11 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2009, 05:39:54 PM by Lunar »

And what is the tie that binds to Kentucky?  Is it the horses, fast women, bourbon or weed? Do you have any Deliverance type relatives living up there in Jackson County?

as much as I enjoy my bourbon mixed with fast female horses and THC, it's also because I sometimes like to affect the media narrative for or against certain candidates.  Smiley  Look for this story to appear in Politico soon

edit: and here it is, on Politico's homepage http://www.politico.com/blogs/scorecard/0409/Could_a_blowup_doll_beat_Jim_Bunning.html
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 06:38:23 PM »

LOL, for the remark about "believing" in radio to begin with he clearly is a fool.

Now I am no longer surprised that Kentucky, despite being a conservative Republican state, does not like Bunning, also a conservative Republican.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies