The real reason Dems hate Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:02:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The real reason Dems hate Bush
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: The real reason Dems hate Bush  (Read 37751 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2004, 05:02:30 PM »

I agree totally that the Democrats are jealous of President Bush.  

I am a Republican from Oklahoma.  I don't think these Liberal elitists from the Northeast or California even know where Oklahoma is.  They think we're just as stupid, if not more so, than Texas.  Oklahoma is the least talked about state in the entire United States of America.  Only very rarely will the national news, like CNN, MSNBC, FOX News, etc, mention anything about Oklahoma.

By the way, UT grads, I am a big OKLAHOMA SOONERS fan.  We look forward to making it 5 years in a row in about 7 months.

Along with being republican, I am also a very right-wing person.  I believe that women should NOT have the right to commit abortion.  People may call them fetuses, but that is latin for "BABY".  If I were President, I would seek to CRIMINALIZE abortion, equating it with FIRST-DEGREE MURDER.  I am also strongly against same-sex marriages and even same-sex unions.  I am a Southern Baptist Christian and the Bible says in Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind".  It also says in Proverbs "God hates hands that shed innocent blood"

I think the US Government should endorse Christianity.  Because lets face the truth,
Buddha won't save you
Mohammed won't save you
Joseph Smith won't save you
Only JESUS CHRIST can save you.

I'm not trying to preach, I'm just trying to express my views, radical though they might be.

I'm hoping for a landslide in November in favor the current President.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you'll be able to discuss with those who don't share your views.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2004, 05:04:01 PM »

The only thing about our party that I don't like is that many Republican candidates for congress, state legislature, etc seem to think that we should cut taxes, increase spending, and not expect a budgetary deficit.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2004, 05:07:12 PM »

I agree that killing a blastocytic human and killing an adolsecent human are the same.  The only thing is that I feel that killing is not bad.  Everyone wants to go to heaven, so lets send them there.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2004, 05:08:15 PM »

The only thing about our party that I don't like is that many Republican candidates for congress, state legislature, etc seem to think that we should cut taxes, increase spending, and not expect a budgetary deficit.

you'll get no argument from the 'left' wing of the party, hoss.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2004, 05:18:17 PM »

I agree that killing a blastocytic human and killing an adolsecent human are the same.  The only thing is that I feel that killing is not bad.  Everyone wants to go to heaven, so lets send them there.

Is that a serious opinion? How do you tell whether people want to go to heaven or not, I mean they could be atheists right? Wink
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2004, 05:21:34 PM »

I thought only 144,000 are going to be in heaven during the second coming of Christ, where the rest of humanity will basically be engulfed in a storm of fire and destruction.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2004, 05:42:30 PM »

The end of the world will occur on Dec. 24, 2011.  There is nothing you can do about it.  (we could try sacrificing a few virgins, though, couldn't hurt.)
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2004, 05:56:07 PM »

Is that a serious opinion? How do you tell whether people want to go to heaven or not, I mean they could be atheists right? Wink

Honestly, I am an atheist myself and every other atheist I know accepts death as a natural part of life so the argument does not apply.

I sometimes amuse myself by giving an argument involving religion. For examply: God was ready to take Terri Schiavo, he was ready to go; but Jeb Bush said no.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #183 on: March 02, 2004, 01:03:47 PM »

don't lecture me on mind control.  I get that lecture every day.  we're contracting for the gov't, doing a little R&D, you should hear the conversations around the coffeemaker.  Leftist propoganda.  And most of these guys are bigger whores than I am, all things considered.  I swear if I had a nickel every time I heard the phrase "dumb as dirt" in conjunction with my President, I'd have enough to retire to some moist warm Caribbean island and live out the rest of my days in splendid hedonism.  

Hey Angus, did you know I live in Thailand, speaking of Tropical Hedonism?  Alas my 7 months are up - heading home in about a week.

I don't remember if you told me, but what is it that you do in Thailand?

I quite simply enjoy life.  Not working at the moment.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #184 on: March 02, 2004, 03:09:50 PM »

don't lecture me on mind control.  I get that lecture every day.  we're contracting for the gov't, doing a little R&D, you should hear the conversations around the coffeemaker.  Leftist propoganda.  And most of these guys are bigger whores than I am, all things considered.  I swear if I had a nickel every time I heard the phrase "dumb as dirt" in conjunction with my President, I'd have enough to retire to some moist warm Caribbean island and live out the rest of my days in splendid hedonism.  

Hey Angus, did you know I live in Thailand, speaking of Tropical Hedonism?  Alas my 7 months are up - heading home in about a week.

You can afford not working for large parts of the year then?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #185 on: March 02, 2004, 04:04:36 PM »

Yeah.. but I'd rather not go into it too deeply.  Don't like to post too much personal information.  I shared the Thai location mainly because I find it so informative and such a unique point of view for political issues.  
And its a wonderful country.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: March 02, 2004, 04:05:13 PM »

Yeah.. but I'd rather not go into it too deeply.  Don't like to post too much personal information.  I shared the Thai location mainly because I find it so informative and such a unique point of view for political issues.  

OK, I can respect that.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #187 on: March 02, 2004, 04:07:49 PM »

OK, I can respect that.

But in case you were deciphering that my socio-economic situation fits my political point of view.. I admit that it does Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: March 02, 2004, 04:12:25 PM »

OK, I can respect that.

But in case you were deciphering that my socio-economic situation fits my political point of view.. I admit that it does Wink

Lol, it wasn't the first thing on my mind, but it did cross it yes. Smiley

I suppose it makes sense, since you have the libertarian egoism as your ideology, if I have understood it correctly.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #189 on: March 02, 2004, 06:14:45 PM »

JFK,

Not anymore. I had to read Joyce in high school and college...definitely did NOT enjoy the experience.

I share that sentiment. Trying to figure out Finnegan's Wake almost drove me insane. And that's just the first three pages.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2004, 01:14:40 AM »

JFK,

Good point, but just out of curiousity, which state do you think is more representative of the average American citizen...Massachusetts or Texas?

I'd say Mass., but this raises an interesting question--which of the 50 states is most representative of the average American citizen?

My first inclination would be to say Ohio.
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2004, 01:30:24 AM »

JFK,

Good point, but just out of curiousity, which state do you think is more representative of the average American citizen...Massachusetts or Texas?

I'd say Mass., but this raises an interesting question--which of the 50 states is most representative of the average American citizen?

My first inclination would be to say Ohio.

Ohio seems good, although Michigan might be in the running too.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2004, 07:01:29 AM »

Missouri has been called a microcosm of the US as a whole.  And like Ohio, Missouri usually picks the winner in presidential elections.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2004, 07:25:15 AM »

Missouri has been called a microcosm of the US as a whole.  And like Ohio, Missouri usually picks the winner in presidential elections.

Our microcosmic status has been diluted a lot over the last 10 years or so by one big demographic factor - we have hardly any Hispanics.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2004, 08:07:01 AM »

Our microcosmic status has been diluted a lot over the last 10 years or so by one big demographic factor - we have hardly any Hispanics.

Good point. I think it's hard to find any state that's representative of America, in a political sense, due to the increased polarization. Most of the swing states are in the Mid-West, but the South-West with all the Hispanics is probably differing a lot.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2004, 11:14:08 PM »

The word 'feminism' needs to be used because patriarchy is so ingrained into our culture and feminists are trying to address that. Think of the sexism in nursery rhymes for example.

And feminists address other types of inequality as well.

NCLib, I am so excited about your commitment to the struggle for equal rights for women in our deeply patriarchal culture, and I share your dismay when I consider the sexism rampant in nursery rhymes.

You know, I was just reading this morning how the new constitution that Iraqi leaders compromised on provides for equal treatment under the law regardless of gender, and guarantees that 25% of the seats in the new Iraqi national assembly would go to women. The news article said that if approved, the new constitution would be the most progressive such document in the Arab world.

Would you mind if I asked you, since you're such a strong supporter of women's rights, do you know how I can do something to support this new constitution? What would be your recommendation for a candidate for president who would continue to support the liberal causes of freedom, ethnic tolerance, and gender equality in Third World countries?

Mort,

Sorry for the delayed response. Anyway, I very much appreciate your commitment to equal rights for women.

The Iraqi constitution sounds encouraging. To answer your question, unfortunately I'm not too knowledgeable about how to advocate for gender equality in Third World countries. (NOW's website may have something -- http://www.now.org )

I tend to focus on domestic issues. If you support women's reproductive rights, I would encourage you to consider attending the March for Women's Lives in Washington, DC on April 25.
CollectiveInterest

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2004, 12:53:09 AM »

I've been wondering why the libs hate George W. so much. Way more than Reagan, or even Nixon. It's a mystery to many Republicans. I think I have found the answer. The reason is because deep down in thier shriveled black hearts, they know that however the economy goes, whatever he does in Iraq, that Bush will go down as one of the greats. History will look upon him favorably, even if he doesn't get re-elected. They are bitter about not getting anything done with Clinton. That they had thier chance, and thier wonderboy was just average. When people think about Clinton 20 years from now, they will remember Monica Lewinsky. When people remember Bush, regardless of this upcoming elections results, they will remember his leadership after 9/11. They know that they cant destroy that legacy, and they hate him for it. They hate that he has one up on them. Your thoughts?

How does running up a huge deficit qualify for greatness? "Like Reagan but more"?

Bush is going to be the first president since Hoover to preside over negative job growth. He got his way on his tax cut proposals. We implemented the Bush economic prescription and it didn't work. How's this qualify for greatness.

We invade Iraq based on erroneous information. Either Bush a) lied to get his war, b) got duped by the neocons he appointed, c) got duped by an Iraqi con artist (Ahmed Chalabi), or d) all of the above. How's this qualify for greatness.

As for responding to the 9/11 attacks, what's so great? Passing the FBI wishlist of civil liberties rollbacks? Stonewalling the 9/11 commission? Neutralizing al Qaeda as a threat to the United States. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, et al have put us on the track to become Isreal. We strike at our opponents, but live in fear and sacrifice civil liberties with no end in site. How is this great?

The real question is how Republican activists have become enamored with their ideology they are unable to see the world for how it really is. This will be how this era is remembered: obviously irrational politics disconnected from the real world.
Mort from NewYawk
MortfromNewYawk

« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2004, 01:25:05 PM »

The word 'feminism' needs to be used because patriarchy is so ingrained into our culture and feminists are trying to address that. Think of the sexism in nursery rhymes for example.

NCLib, I am so excited about your commitment to the struggle for equal rights for women in our deeply patriarchal culture, and I share your dismay when I consider the sexism rampant in nursery rhymes.

You know, I was just reading this morning how the new constitution that Iraqi leaders compromised on provides for equal treatment under the law regardless of gender, and guarantees that 25% of the seats in the new Iraqi national assembly would go to women. The news article said that if approved, the new constitution would be the most progressive such document in the Arab world.

Would you mind if I asked you, since you're such a strong supporter of women's rights, do you know how I can do something to support this new constitution? What would be your recommendation for a candidate for president who would continue to support the liberal causes of freedom, ethnic tolerance, and gender equality in Third World countries?

Mort,

Sorry for the delayed response. Anyway, I very much appreciate your commitment to equal rights for women.

The Iraqi constitution sounds encouraging. To answer your question, unfortunately I'm not too knowledgeable about how to advocate for gender equality in Third World countries. (NOW's website may have something -- http://www.now.org )

I tend to focus on domestic issues. If you support women's reproductive rights, I would encourage you to consider attending the March for Women's Lives in Washington, DC on April 25.

Actually, nclib, I must admit that my response was a little tongue in cheek. I apologize for having a little fun at your expense.

In fact, I believe that the Iraqi constitution has the potential to be  the GREATEST CONTRIBUTION TO WOMENS RIGHTS THUS FAR IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD (caps to emphasize that this is in no way tongue in cheek).

And guess what? I went to NOW just to test out my hypothesis that this great (tongue in cheek) organization supporting women's rights would probably not have a single sentence on their website regarding this potential unshackling of political and social bonds for tens of millions of Iraqi women, and I was right. Do a search on Iraqi Constitution: 12 pages on the constitutional amendment against gay marriage and bad-mouthing of Bush regarding the war, NOTHING on the Iraqi constitution.

Don't fix any sandwiches for me - I won't be joining you on the March for Women's Lives in Washington, DC on April 25. And I won't be voting for a Democrat for President until your party begins to bitterly confront why your contradictions consistently lead to defeat.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2004, 01:31:39 PM »

Thank you mort.  Outstanding.  I've been having to bite my lip every time I surf into this thread.  I'd also like to have a moment to reflect on the fact that in a year during which women served this country as never before, in Afghanistan, in Iraq, the women that got on television are the Dixie Chicks.  Egalitarianism will not be won by bigots.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2004, 01:38:29 PM »

Mort,

Actually, nclib, I must admit that my response was a little tongue in cheek. I apologize for having a little fun at your expense.

In fact, I believe that the Iraqi constitution has the potential to be  the GREATEST CONTRIBUTION TO WOMENS RIGHTS THUS FAR IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD (caps to emphasize that this is in no way tongue in cheek).

And guess what? I went to NOW just to test out my hypothesis that this great (tongue in cheek) organization supporting women's rights would probably not have a single sentence on their website regarding this potential unshackling of political and social bonds for tens of millions of Iraqi women, and I was right. Do a search on Iraqi Constitution: 12 pages on the constitutional amendment against gay marriage and bad-mouthing of Bush regarding the war, NOTHING on the Iraqi constitution.

Don't fix any sandwiches for me - I won't be joining you on the March for Women's Lives in Washington, DC on April 25. And I won't be voting for a Democrat for President until your party begins to bitterly confront why your contradictions consistently lead to defeat.

Potential yes - but those Shia mullas won't let women get equal rights. Actually, the new Iraqi constitution could well become a step BACKWARDS for women in Iraq since it was relatively secular in the Saddam-days. Unlike Afghanistan, of course... Wink
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies