No change! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:45:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  No change! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No change!  (Read 8540 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 05, 2009, 10:21:47 PM »

It is being changed because it has failed to maintain the level of activity needed to make this game fun. Countless members are wholly inactive, elections (other than for President or the occasional Senate seat) are barely contested and hardly competitive, and more often than not interest grinds to a standstill. There are periods when the Senate appears to shut down. A majority of the regions can be considered dead. Party politics is limited to foolish name-calling.

It is time for a change.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 11:39:29 PM »

Admirable objectives, but I still don't see how any of the proposals being offered accomplishes them.  People will come and go all the time (case in point:me).  As I recall from my active days here when I was the SoFA, the most fun and highly participated in event of this game is the presidential elections.  And now, you have proposals that would completely eliminate presidential elections!  This will have the opposite effect you are trying to achieve.

But hey, I know I'm jumping in on something that's been going on for a while.  Carry on with your convention.

I believe that every proposal has a nationally elected President, as well as other elected offices similar to the Senate. The point is to maintain the election structure while improving the government aspect. There are no concrete ideas formed yet, so everything is open for input and debate. I would recommend you participate and help out in the Convention. We can always use extra voices. Nor do I have a problem with the normal ebb and flow of the membership. But we have 60 people voting in elections and far fewer total seats in public office. Those elections should be competitive. People need to want to participate.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 11:08:20 PM »

There is certainly room to maneuver on names and titles. There is also a form out there that would allow Dan's idea (Parliamentary Bicameralism is that).

The current system is not really American either. What I am looking for is taking the best of every type of democratic government. Contribute to whichever of the proposals you feel could best be made into what you want and then submit an article as you would like to see it.

The proposals have flexibility, so feel free to make things happen. I encourage you to do so.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 08:27:12 PM »

The only proposal currently enlisting much activity is actually more US-based than our current system, with a bicameral legislature, etc. And NOTA will be an option in any vote on the proposals, so don't start ringing alarm bells just yet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies