Presidential Parliamentarian (Discussion Open) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:01:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Presidential Parliamentarian (Discussion Open) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Parliamentarian (Discussion Open)  (Read 39219 times)
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« on: April 02, 2009, 11:29:51 PM »

I know I am not a delegate, but I am a citizen and I think this plan would be good for the Regions, if you want you can reword this to sound better..

1. Reduce the Regions to 3 region. Each region would have close to the same amount of members in it. Also every April and October the region's lines can be changed if needed to equal out the number of members.

2. Each region would act like a state. They will have there own constitution and their own laws, etc.

3. Each region must have a Head of Region(what they call it is up to each region), and an Assembly of three members, both the HoR and the Assembly member are elected by the people of that region. (It is up to each region when and how many times a year they are elected.)

4. The Assembly will act like a mini senate, they will come up with bills, debate bills etc. The Assembly will be open to all members of that region so members can give bills and debate bills but the Assembly members are the only ones that can pass a bill. Once passed it go to the HoR and is signed or vetoed.

5. The Head of Region would be the person who is in charge of holding elections, signing/vetoing bills and keeping the Assembly member in order. Also if an Assembly member resign the HoR would take that members place until they elected another member.

6. Each region would send two senators to the senate, leaving 4 at large senate seats.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 01:35:23 PM »

I know I am not a delegate, but I am a citizen and I think this plan would be good for the Regions, if you want you can reword this to sound better..

1. Reduce the Regions to 3 region. Each region would have close to the same amount of members in it. Also every April and October the region's lines can be changed if needed to equal out the number of members.

2. Each region would act like a state. They will have there own constitution and their own laws, etc.

3. Each region must have a Head of Region(what they call it is up to each region), and an Assembly of three members, both the HoR and the Assembly member are elected by the people of that region. (It is up to each region when and how many times a year they are elected.)

4. The Assembly will act like a mini senate, they will come up with bills, debate bills etc. The Assembly will be open to all members of that region so members can give bills and debate bills but the Assembly members are the only ones that can pass a bill. Once passed it go to the HoR and is signed or vetoed.

5. The Head of Region would be the person who is in charge of holding elections, signing/vetoing bills and keeping the Assembly member in order. Also if an Assembly member resign the HoR would take that members place until they elected another member.

6. Each region would send two senators to the senate, leaving 4 at large senate seats.

The orginal plan calls for a larger legislative body, though. How about expanding it to 3 delegates per region, and 6 at large seats. This would also make it so that there are elections every 2 months. It will help enhance interest in the game by having major elections frequently.

That number can be changed, I was just going with the current number of senate. But I believe this would be better then a the other one they are debating on. If they make it like this plus change the senate to 15-20 people you will have 27-32 Senate/Head of Region/Assembly members.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 02:41:28 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2009, 02:44:47 PM by $Dan$ »

Article I

Section I: The Prime Minister

1. The Executive power shall be given to the Prime Minister. He shall be elected for a term of approximately four months
2. No person who has not attained 300 post or more and is not a registered voter shall serve as Prime Minister.
3. The Prime Minister shall select a cabinet for within the Parliament member. If the Prime Minister select a cabinet member outside the Parliament then the Parliament members shall vote for or against that person. That person would need at least 3/4 of the Parliament vote to become a cabinet member.

Section II: Election of the Prime Minister

1. The Prime Minister shall be elected by the member of Parliamentary in the months of February, June and October. The vote shall be held from Noon Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday of that given month and lasting for 72 hours.
2. The Parliamentary shall have necessary power to determine regulations for the procedure of and the form of the Prime Minister elections. All election of the Prime Minister shall be by Public Post.
3. The Prime Minister shall take office on the last Friday of the month he/she is elected.

Section III: Vacancy and Incapacity of the Prime Minister

1.  If the Prime Minister shall ever fall vacant, the President shall become Prime Minister. If the  Presidency is also vacant, then the longest serving member of Parliamentary shall become Prime Minister. If there is a tie for the longest serving member of Parliamentary then the member with the most post will become Prime Minister.
2. If there is a vacancy in the office of the President, the Prime Minister shall nominate a President, who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of the Parliamentary.
3.No person shall be elected to the office of Prime Minister more than twice consecutively.
4.Whenever the Prime Minister transmits to the Parliamentary his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the President as Acting Prime Minister.

How does that sound for the Prime Minister?
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 02:52:17 PM »

We will need to define the role of the PM. It can't just be left to the Parliament or they will saddle the PM with a bunch of responsibilities and no powers. We need to establish a situation in which the PM really runs the show, so that it is a coveted position and requires compromise and party coalitions to get one going.

I understand, I really don't know the true role of a PM in other countries, but what I post is just a starting outline and can be changed.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 01:20:56 PM »

What type of powers do PMs normally have? Also I think it would be best if the President symbol of the country, with little power.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 02:23:46 PM »

What type of powers do PMs normally have? Also I think it would be best if the President symbol of the country, with little power.

Prime Ministerial powers depend on the country you're looking at.

Well, why not just make it like the US Presidential powers? Head of State, Head of Military, Head of the Courts etc.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 03:25:17 PM »

We could base it off of France, as they are a prominent country with a powerful President & a Prime Minister.

Semi-presidential then?

Well, why not just make it like the US Presidential powers? Head of State, Head of Military, Head of the Courts etc.

What would the President be then?

He could be like the US VP. I don't really know, I'm just throwing Ideas out there, where is more then most delegates are doing.(And I'm not even a delegate.)
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 04:15:48 PM »

I think that the plan we had devised was that the Prime Minister would be in charge of the legislature, leading legislative initiatives, picking cabinet members (who would function something like American committee chairs), and setting the national policy. The President, on the other hand, would be more of a popular representative of the people, in charge of kind of checking the parliament, given the ability to veto, some legislative abilities (either introducing his own bills in a special legislative slot or putting certain bills up to national referenda), and given some ability over dismissing prime ministers and dissolving parliaments.

I like this plan right there, it sound better.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 09:55:44 PM »

Saying as a private citizen, I have a few ideas to turn this into something I really want Atlasia's government to look like. If someone is interested I could suggest some of them to be brought as a motion.

What are the ideas that you have?
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 10:05:02 PM »

Saying as a private citizen, I have a few ideas to turn this into something I really want Atlasia's government to look like. If someone is interested I could suggest some of them to be brought as a motion.

What are the ideas that you have?

Purple State suggested that I should air them out in the Presidential Universalism thread since that one is so far unused.

Ok going to go look..
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 09:29:14 PM »

I propose that this proposal be renamed Parliamentarian Bicameralism and be replaced with:

"Small Senate (5ish) with power to originate amend legislation
Relatively large Parliament (15ish) with power to originate legislation
PM elected by both houses, presents agenda, followed by NC vote
PM appoints Cabinet members (either office holders or not)
Possible committees in the Parliament, with chairmen and some form of markup?
President with power to dissolve Parliament, but not Senate (I threw this in. It sorta gives the Senate that more regal feel as well)"

That sound kinda good.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 10:28:20 PM »

Okay.

Seeing as there has been no substantive debate for two days, I would like to amend this thread to be titled Presidential Universalism, which constitutes:

• A President and Vice-President similar to what we have now.
  • An elected Upper House, a Senate, with 15 Senators, elected every two months.
  • A universal Lower House.
  • The abolition of Regions.
  • Cabinet members must be selected from the Senate.

That isn't going to fly, I think the only way to get members active is by the regions. Universalism would just turn things into a joke. If we could reduce the regions to three and let each have Assemblies with a head of government, kinda like the mideast, more people would be active.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 01:01:55 PM »

Sounds really good.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 12:27:26 PM »

It looks good to me.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 01:20:19 PM »

Aye
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 02:56:07 PM »

Er... what? That completely changes the scope of this proposal.

Wow, I posted that in the wrong thread. Sorry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies