Presidential Parliamentarian (Discussion Open) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:27:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Presidential Parliamentarian (Discussion Open) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Parliamentarian (Discussion Open)  (Read 39032 times)
Fine...I Made This More Civil
persepolis

« on: April 02, 2009, 11:58:34 PM »

I know I am not a delegate, but I am a citizen and I think this plan would be good for the Regions, if you want you can reword this to sound better..

1. Reduce the Regions to 3 region. Each region would have close to the same amount of members in it. Also every April and October the region's lines can be changed if needed to equal out the number of members.

2. Each region would act like a state. They will have there own constitution and their own laws, etc.

3. Each region must have a Head of Region(what they call it is up to each region), and an Assembly of three members, both the HoR and the Assembly member are elected by the people of that region. (It is up to each region when and how many times a year they are elected.)

4. The Assembly will act like a mini senate, they will come up with bills, debate bills etc. The Assembly will be open to all members of that region so members can give bills and debate bills but the Assembly members are the only ones that can pass a bill. Once passed it go to the HoR and is signed or vetoed.

5. The Head of Region would be the person who is in charge of holding elections, signing/vetoing bills and keeping the Assembly member in order. Also if an Assembly member resign the HoR would take that members place until they elected another member.

6. Each region would send two senators to the senate, leaving 4 at large senate seats.

The orginal plan calls for a larger legislative body, though. How about expanding it to 3 delegates per region, and 6 at large seats. This would also make it so that there are elections every 2 months. It will help enhance interest in the game by having major elections frequently.
Fine...I Made This More Civil
persepolis

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 06:56:25 PM »

I agree with Senator Leif. The President should be able to check the power of the PM, since that is part of the reason this office would be in place in the first place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies