Parliamentary Universalism (Motion at Vote)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:13:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Parliamentary Universalism (Motion at Vote)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Parliamentary Universalism (Motion at Vote)  (Read 44692 times)
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2009, 02:28:09 PM »

Aye.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2009, 03:43:06 PM »

Sure, aye.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2009, 06:08:41 PM »

Premature, as Purple State hasn't commented, but the sentiment is appreciated Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2009, 11:35:50 PM »

Premature, as Purple State hasn't commented, but the sentiment is appreciated Wink

At this point I am half ready to just call a motion to end the Convention. We are consistently missing a quorum and it appears that popular sentiment plans on rejecting any Constitution this Convention creates.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2009, 08:29:50 AM »

Aye

Though this proposal, or basically any other proposal which isn't the status-quo has no chance.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2009, 11:24:44 AM »

Though this proposal, or basically any other proposal which isn't the status-quo has no chance.

Oh, why, I hadn't noticed the tone of debate for the past two months Tongue

I just seek to provide Atlasians with a valid alternative to the status quo.  I know they're going to vote it down, but it's wrong to go down without a fight, or at least an informed debate on the subject.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2009, 04:30:02 PM »

I just seek to provide Atlasians with a valid alternative to the status quo.  I know they're going to vote it down, but it's wrong to go down without a fight, or at least an informed debate on the subject.

I'm all for it, obviously. But I doubt this convention will even go to its term, as it's becoming increasingly likely (and not an entirely bad idea, seeing how little delegates care and how everybody just wants bad ol' status-quo to win).
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2009, 11:04:26 AM »

I'm all for it, obviously. But I doubt this convention will even go to its term, as it's becoming increasingly likely (and not an entirely bad idea, seeing how little delegates care and how everybody just wants bad ol' status-quo to win).

Yeah, I agree.

Still, bashing my head against a break wall is hours of fun.  Purple State should be more impartial here and open this to a vote.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2009, 08:51:11 PM »

Yeah, I agree.

Still, bashing my head against a break wall is hours of fun.  Purple State should be more impartial here and open this to a vote.

I am fine being impartial, but if this vote won't even reach a quorum I don't want to waste your time and energy with writing up something your peers will neither pass, nor reject.

Perhaps we should close down the current proposals (but keep them on record just in case) and find ways to amend the current Constitution to better serve Atlasia. In the process we could consolidate all current amendment in order to clean the Constitution up, etc.

If you insist, I will be happy to open a vote up and include all those that have voiced their votes already.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2009, 09:14:49 PM »

Aye
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2009, 11:20:52 PM »

If you insist, I will be happy to open a vote up and include all those that have voiced their votes already.

I would appreciate that.  Let's let these things come up for a vote before we insist they're dead.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2009, 11:23:18 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2009, 11:26:29 PM by Senator Purple State »

I bring the following to a vote of the delegates. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain. This vote shall last for 48 hours:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I will be counting the votes already registered by Dan Adamas, BK, Hash and PiT.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2009, 11:24:40 PM »

Yup
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2009, 11:37:32 PM »

Abstain (This is a pointless exercise.)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2009, 02:15:00 AM »

Aye, even if that will not reach the quorum and than the proposition will never pass.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2009, 02:18:06 PM »

I won't be available to close the booth tonight. However, at exactly 12:24am EST on June 27, 2009, this vote will conclude, with a 24 hour extension if a quorum is not reached.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2009, 11:09:34 AM »

I doubt we've reached a quorum; in any case, I'm starting to wonder whether this Convention could even reach a quorum to close itself Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2009, 08:34:30 PM »

I doubt we've reached a quorum; in any case, I'm starting to wonder whether this Convention could even reach a quorum to close itself Tongue

A PM blitz would take care of that. But I hardly want to whip up delegates for every damn motion vote.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies