Sexless love or loveless sex?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 07:45:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Sexless love or loveless sex?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Poll
Question: Sexless love or loveless sex?
Sexless love

Loveless sex

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Sexless love or loveless sex?  (Read 19677 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2009, 08:47:45 PM »

Loveless sex, duh.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2009, 09:00:03 PM »

Where did you get the notion that I focus on short-term physical satisfaction?

By looking at your answer.  Tongue

What kind of guy gets in a relationship or deals with women at all if not to eventually have sex with them? That's the driving force behind all relationships.

Wrong, spoiled brat.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Uh...who said anything about lacking physical attraction? What does that have to do with loveless sex or sexless love?

The point some of us are trying to make is that sex isn't the basis of love. I wouldn't expect you to know about this since Mommy and Daddy probably buy anyone that you ever dated. The girls stick around because they love your Benz, dude. That suddenly makes...er...everything seem bigger. You know what I mean?

Yeah. Girls are only good enough for you when you get to spike their drinks, right?

I'm starting to like Phil more.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2009, 09:32:54 PM »

Oh. It's called not being nihilist towards the physical world.

Roll Eyes

Yes, I'm totally against physical pleasure.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2009, 09:40:12 PM »

Roll Eyes

You see, you would not particularly like sexless love, but consider it superior to loveless sex. I would not particularly like loveless sex, but would consider it superior to sexless love.

As I explained, I hold that view because sex is a human drive (which I suspect it would be rather nihilistic to deny given the choice) & I believe if need be I could derive my sense of fulfillment from other means, such as teaching physics to people who want to learn it.
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2009, 09:44:27 PM »

Sexless love Tongue

I'd rather have sex (after I'm married) but I'd much rather be with someone who loved me for the rest of my life than with someone who doesn't.

Rin-chan
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »

Roll Eyes

You see, you would not particularly like sexless love, but consider it superior to loveless sex. I would not particularly like loveless sex, but would consider it superior to sexless love.

As I explained, I hold that view because sex is a human drive (which I suspect it would be rather nihilistic to deny given the choice) & I believe if need be I could derive my sense of fulfillment from other means, such as teaching physics to people who want to learn it.

And I say that living a life that involves having sex with multiple people without any emotion involved leads to major emotional problems throughout one's life.

With all due respect, learn that the world isn't the way a 17 year old wants it to be for all of time.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2009, 09:46:26 PM »

Rin Chan, you would marry someone for sex whom you do not love?  The idea of being married to someone whom you don't love is unappealing to me, unless it is a business arrangement.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2009, 09:47:04 PM »

Sexless love Tongue

I'd rather have sex (after I'm married) but I'd much rather be with someone who loved me for the rest of my life than with someone who doesn't.

Rin-chan

Smiley
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2009, 09:48:07 PM »

Rin Chan, you would marry someone for sex whom you do not love?  The idea of being married to someone whom you don't love is unappealing to me, unless it is a business arrangement.

I said sexless love!!!!

I would rather marry someone I love and not have sex with them than have sex with someone forever that I don't love!!!

I'm sorry if that came out wrong Smiley

Rin-chan
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2009, 09:48:55 PM »

That one is quite a mouthful.  How did one come to this sweeping conclusion I wonder?  I assume it is not based on personal experience.  I wonder if my state governor is an emotional mess. Hmmm.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2009, 09:50:38 PM »

That one is quite a mouthful.  How did one come to this sweeping conclusion I wonder?  I assume it is not based on personal experience.  I wonder if my state governor is an emotional mess. Hmmm.

You don't think what I said is true?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2009, 09:50:50 PM »

I said sexless love!!!!

I would rather marry someone I love and not have sex with them than have sex with someone forever that I don't love!!!

Rin-chan

I just had a senior moment and reading comprehension skill challenges Rin-Chan. My bad.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2009, 09:54:24 PM »

You don't think what I said is true?

It depends. Sometimes it is; sometimes it isn't.  Granted you said "without any emotion."  Without emotion, I am not sure the sex act is possible for a man. I assumed you meant   without any particular affection rising to the level of at least fondness or friendship, when you said without emotion.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2009, 09:54:32 PM »

Roll Eyes

And I say that living a life that involves having sex with multiple people without any emotion involved leads to major emotional problems throughout one's life.

With all due respect, learn that the world isn't the way a 17 year old wants it to be for all of time.

I was actually thinking of sex with one person that one didn't really love, but ended up marrying for extenuating reasons. I guess interpretation of the question is another reason to butt heads over it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2009, 09:55:50 PM »

It depends. Sometimes it is; sometimes it isn't.  Granted you said "without any emotion."  Without emotion, I am not sure the sex act is possible for a man. I assumed you meant   without any particular affection rising to the level of at least fondness or friendship, when you said without emotion.

Ok, I should have specified that I meant a sense of affection/caring/love.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2009, 09:59:58 PM »

Supersoulty- question:

If you were talking to a woman at a bar, you have a decent rapport, she's moderately attractive, bought her a drink or two, shared a smoke, etc. and you find out  in the conversation she's a preschool teacher and blurts out "I think kids are soooo cute and I want a baby in the next 2 years."  And you have a shot with love and sex with her fairly quickly.  What would you do?

... Her place or mine?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2009, 10:09:12 PM »

As long as I can wank, sexless love.

Unemotive sex is waaay overrated
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2009, 11:49:54 PM »

Sexless love. So many things you can do. Like traveling with them or other things.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2009, 11:52:02 PM »

Sexless love. And wow split 50/50.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2009, 01:22:08 AM »

Personally, if I live to about 60+ I'd much rather come home to the old hag and feel loved all day than the 3,438, 593rd five second orgasm.

Everyone who thinks straight men and women can't be friends because of sex are pathetic. As if the two can't contribute to each other's lives besides through romantic/sexual relationships. I'd guess you are either just a weak-minded fool or have never actually gotten to know any interesting women because you're still afraid of them.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2009, 01:55:11 AM »

Finally the sensible option is ahead.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2009, 03:09:47 AM »

Supersoulty- question:

If you were talking to a woman at a bar, you have a decent rapport, she's moderately attractive, bought her a drink or two, shared a smoke, etc. and you find out  in the conversation she's a preschool teacher and blurts out "I think kids are soooo cute and I want a baby in the next 2 years."  And you have a shot with love and sex with her fairly quickly.  What would you do?

... Her place or mine?

The answer I wanted to hear.. RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posed this as a hypothetical to you because this situation happened to me when I was a Cavanaugh's River Deck about a year or two ago.  Wouldn't have been an easy lay, but in terms of physical attraction.. yeah, I would have had sex with her. 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2009, 03:18:48 AM »

I said sexless love!!!!

Rin-chan

Man, what is wrong with this generation?  Whatever happened to the 60s and free love?

If you're looking for the 5% wholesome Christian type then by all means you're playing it right.  Glad to hear you're not a slut though.. that's worse!  Me and about the oh I don't know 95% of other men want to "try before they buy."  Even my prudish brother who wouldn't let me take him to a strip club on his bachelor party (yes, I know BRTD.  I caught shat from the other guys in the party and asked what was wrong with him.)  knows this.  There has to be a happy medium.  Play hard to get, but too hard could hurt you badly with men.   

John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2009, 08:16:26 AM »

Sexless love. I'd much rather be with someone I cared about deeply who felt the same way about me and be emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually fulfilled than being in one empty physical relationship after another.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2009, 09:15:52 AM »

I just had a senior moment and reading comprehension skill challenges Rin-Chan. My bad.

You may want to look for a new job. Reading too many legal briefs tends to interfere with one's ability to think critically. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies