Government Proposal Discussion: Presidential Parliamentarian (Closed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:52:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Government Proposal Discussion: Presidential Parliamentarian (Closed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Government Proposal Discussion: Presidential Parliamentarian (Closed)  (Read 5274 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: March 26, 2009, 06:32:01 AM »

My support would depend greatly on the powers of the President in this proposal. Is he just a symbolic head of state like in many European countries, or is this an active politician that has actual influence over legislation?

If he's just symbolic....sure why not? Not a bad system.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 06:45:51 AM »

My support would depend greatly on the powers of the President in this proposal. Is he just a symbolic head of state like in many European countries, or is this an active politician that has actual influence over legislation?

Probably a symbolic head of state/diplomat. I would also like to hash out exactly how big such a legislative body would be?

I dunno...probably similar to its current size?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 06:50:36 AM »

Probably a symbolic head of state/diplomat. I would also like to hash out exactly how big such a legislative body would be?

I dunno...probably similar to its current size?

I've always preferred a larger legislature but have concerns over a body comprised of all the citizens. A body double the size of the Senate wouldn't be such a terrible idea in my opinion. It would also give us some interesting new legislative opportunities, such as the creation of committees, which is unfeasible in our current legislature due to it's size, while still retaining the excitement of running for and holding the elections.

I'm eagerly awaiting Lief's ideas.

If any such increase in size were to occur, then it would be absolutely necessary that we allow dual office holding at both regional and federal levels to make sure that we have the necessary number of people to keep things competitive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies