What were the Golden Days of the Atlas Forum to you?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:13:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What were the Golden Days of the Atlas Forum to you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What were the Golden Days of the Atlas Forum to you?  (Read 4901 times)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 11:22:12 AM »

Right when I joined (June 2004) to about March 2005

We had the classic forum members, great U.S. elections and hilarious Fantasy campaigns. I bet few people here remember the classic Teamspeaks with Naso and other legends like Peter Bell, KEmperor, Andrew, ColinW, Alcon, True Dem, Assad, etc. I would laugh so hard that I literally couldn't breath.
So true Phil, so true. Everything degenerates. Sad
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 11:39:36 AM »

This little fight between Sam and Hugh reminds me of another great part of the Golden Days - The Phil - Hughento rivalry! That was very nasty. Now we're basically best pals.  Wink
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 11:51:31 AM »

This little fight between Sam and Hugh reminds me of another great part of the Golden Days - The Phil - Hughento rivalry! That was very nasty. Now we're basically best pals.  Wink

Maybe it's a fight to hughie, but I really could care less.  Maybe he's just growing tired of altercations with kangaroos or koalas or something like that... Tongue
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 11:54:50 AM »

Right when I joined (June 2004) to about March 2005

We had the classic forum members, great U.S. elections and hilarious Fantasy campaigns. I bet few people here remember the classic Teamspeaks with Naso and other legends like Peter Bell, KEmperor, Andrew, ColinW, Alcon, True Dem, Assad, etc. I would laugh so hard that I literally couldn't breath.
So true Phil, so true. Everything degenerates. Sad
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 03:40:49 PM »

December 2003 - June(ish) 2004.  Dem primaries plus advent/blossoming of old-style fantasy elections.

That's my answer too.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 03:54:55 PM »

By the way, people like Gustaf, Tweed, Nym, Supersoulty, John Ford and JohnFKennedy were the classic star posters of the Golden Days.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009, 04:11:19 PM »

This, but I haven't been around a great deal yet, and this forum can always get better.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2009, 04:22:33 PM »

In general, before most of the people younger than me started to show up.

Grin
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 04:24:58 PM »

There was no Golden Age, there were no Golden Days. Which isn't to say that the quality of debate and so on hasn't declined in recent years.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009, 04:39:38 PM »

This forum died in June 2005 has only been limping ever since.  I have moved on in my life from that debacle, but my heart will never forget it.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2009, 04:50:17 PM »

So basically almost everyone's answer is "When I first joined or very close to it"

lol
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009, 04:53:59 PM »

A lot of good stuff was posted during the primary season. I think that was the high point for me. Even though registered, I was not around prior to that, off-put as I was with all those distracting signature graphics until someone told me how to turn them off. What a relief!
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 10:24:06 AM »

Anytime we're playing armchair prognosticator, it's golden.  Because....

*** you can always count on someone to predict a Republican win in Rhode Island or a Democratic win in Utah

*** you can expect our number crunching geniuses (I mean that sincerely) to provide breakdowns of the turnout, the vote, etc along all kinds of lines -- black, white, innies, outties, the nude bowler vote, etc...

*** you can expect me to predict my candidates will lose because I am like Eeyore

*** you can expect others (you provide the name) to predict their candidate will win, no matter how far down in the polls they are.

*** someone is going to say, "It's a wait of time to predict"...we won't know until election night.

*** someone is going to create a thread about the Presidential election 30 years from now and put in the names of some people who ran or were talked about this time.

All in all -- it's golden, because it's just so much fun!

I missed your pessimism! Welcome back, man.

Looking forward to your 2012 prediction of a 10 point margin, 400 EV Palin/Huckabee ticket landslide. Smiley
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 10:25:13 AM »

By the way, people like Gustaf, Tweed, Nym, Supersoulty, John Ford and JohnFKennedy were the classic star posters of the Golden Days.

You qualify, as well.

And don't forget Demrepdan.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 01:15:51 PM »

You qualify, as well.

Not meant as offense to Phil, but I don't think he was around (at least not prominently) back then. His time came later.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2009, 01:21:04 PM »

You qualify, as well.

Not meant as offense to Phil, but I don't think he was around (at least not prominently) back then. His time came later.

I was going to say the same. I came to the forum the week of the Nym vs. Gustaf election/when the people I mentioned were at the peak of their prominence but I didn't get involved in Atlasia until a few weeks later. I became one of the more prominent members later in 2004/early 2005.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2009, 01:25:09 PM »

You qualify, as well.

I was going to say the same. I came to the forum the week of the Nym vs. Gustaf election/when the people I mentioned were at the peak of their prominence but I didn't get involved in Atlasia until a few weeks later. I became one of the more prominent members later in 2004/early 2005.

Yeah, there was a pretty big generational shift around the summer of 2004 and onwards when a lot of posters that were dominant figures cut back on their posting or disappeared altogether while others stepped in.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2009, 01:35:53 PM »

Other major members from the Golden Days: PBrunsel, Naso, StevenNick, TexasGirl, migrendel, Shapeshifter
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2009, 02:11:52 PM »

Anytime we're playing armchair prognosticator, it's golden.  Because....

*** you can always count on someone to predict a Republican win in Rhode Island or a Democratic win in Utah

*** you can expect our number crunching geniuses (I mean that sincerely) to provide breakdowns of the turnout, the vote, etc along all kinds of lines -- black, white, innies, outties, the nude bowler vote, etc...

*** you can expect me to predict my candidates will lose because I am like Eeyore

*** you can expect others (you provide the name) to predict their candidate will win, no matter how far down in the polls they are.

*** someone is going to say, "It's a wait of time to predict"...we won't know until election night.

*** someone is going to create a thread about the Presidential election 30 years from now and put in the names of some people who ran or were talked about this time.

All in all -- it's golden, because it's just so much fun!

I missed your pessimism! Welcome back, man.

Looking forward to your 2012 prediction of a 10 point margin, 400 EV Palin/Huckabee ticket landslide. Smiley

Yes, I promise to predict a Palin/Bachman landslide.

This is what I always do.  My favorite team is headed into the championship series.  I predict they will be trounced in a sweep.  It all stems from being a Pittsburgh Pirates fan and having 1990, 1991 and 1992 seared into my memory.  Well, that and the 2000 and 20004 elections!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »

Other major members from the Golden Days: PBrunsel, Naso, StevenNick, TexasGirl, migrendel, Shapeshifter

You're forgetting Atlasia's first VP and more importantly Boss Tweed/miamiu.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2009, 03:58:35 PM »

I mentioned Boss Tweed in my first post and the other person was/is only important to himself.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2009, 05:20:18 PM »

I mentioned Boss Tweed in my first post and the other person was/is only important to himself.

Well that's just not very nice.  You're probably just mad that your plan to split the liberal side in June 2005 failed so miserably.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2009, 05:24:07 PM »

I didn't know Harry was around in the early days of Atlasia.  That's something I've learned today.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2009, 07:21:22 PM »

I didn't know Harry was around in the early days of Atlasia.  That's something I've learned today.

You wasn't aware of how "Landslide-Harry" was elected to the senate? Not even the infamous anti-UAC League?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2009, 07:23:29 PM »

You wasn't aware of how "Landslide-Harry" was elected to the senate? Not even the infamous anti-UAC League?

No, actually.  I thought I knew most of what happened in the year before I joined, but apparently Harry fell under the radar.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies