Suggestions for Government Types (Closed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:53:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Suggestions for Government Types (Closed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Suggestions for Government Types (Closed)  (Read 10247 times)
CultureKing
United States

« on: March 24, 2009, 09:05:11 PM »

I think it would be worth considering a Consitutional Monarchy of sorts. In other words an executive (given the title of King or Emperor if we wanted to be more bad-ass) with greatly expanded powers who is elected not as frequently (perhaps only once a year). Also an idea would be that the executive has veto power over regional issues as well (but can still be passed by regional legislatures if done so by a 2/3 majority). There would still be the same basic structure with regions, governors and a parliament (which could take a number of forms). I personally feel that Atlasia needs a figurehead of sorts. In addition it would make the yearly (or I guess twice a year) campaign much, much more important, everyone would have to pay attention.

Atlasia has been in trouble in the recent past and needs a strong leader to get us through the coming days.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 09:16:46 PM »

I think it would be worth considering a Consitutional Monarchy of sorts. In other words an executive (given the title of King or Emperor if we wanted to be more bad-ass) with greatly expanded powers who is elected not as frequently (perhaps only once a year). Also an idea would be that the executive has veto power over regional issues as well (but can still be passed by regional legislatures if done so by a 2/3 majority). There would still be the same basic structure with regions, governors and a parliament (which could take a number of forms). I personally feel that Atlasia needs a figurehead of sorts. In addition it would make the yearly (or I guess twice a year) campaign much, much more important, everyone would have to pay attention.

Atlasia has been in trouble in the recent past and needs a strong leader to get us through the coming days.

You caught me just as I was about to put up the thread. Lucky. I will combine this idea with the unitarianism (if it's alright with you), and make some sort of government in which the powers of the national executive are greatly strengthened over the power of the regions. This way you are seconding the unitarian form (and getting on the ballot) while just changing the blurb a little.

Work for you?

No, not really. I don't want to see the regions lose any of their power... I just want a stronger and more relevant executive branch. Though because I am not blind I can see how the two conflict... Perhaps a solution is simply having regional governments that have their own legistlatures who enact laws and such but no national legistlative branch. Instead for laws to take effect on a national scale 3 out of four regions plus the King/President/Emperor must agree (in other words the law has passed all but one region and has the agreement of the executive, until then the laws would only be effective in the region(s) in which passed).
Yeah, basically I am just bouncing around ideas that would sound interesting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies