Office of Attorney General Marokai Blue
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:23:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Attorney General Marokai Blue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of Attorney General Marokai Blue  (Read 2718 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 23, 2009, 04:32:39 AM »

Direct all questions or comments to me and the Justice Department here, please.

I should have done this a few days ago, but there was no pressing need to advertise my new office as of yet. As far as I've known, the office of AG has been opened in the other board, but I decided that since this board is more active, I'd make myself and my actions and suggestions more known here. (Besides, plenty of other officials of the Government have opened offices here.) Smiley

As for my plans and activity, stay tuned in the coming days for my plans for the wiki. I've sent Dave and email requesting access to the Wiki but I've yet to get a response so I'd like to wait for access before proceeding, but I just wanted everyone to know where that was going.

Thank you and for all those who supported my nomination for the job, I much appreciate your confidence in me.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:00:07 AM »

Congrats! I look forward to working with you on the Wiki.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:00:23 AM »

Congratulations on your confirmation, sir.

As far as I've known, the office of AG has been opened in the other board, but I decided that since this board is more active, I'd make myself and my actions and suggestions more known here.

This is a very good decision of yours. Before being elected Senator, I never wandered onto the "Government" board because I wasn't a part of the Government. I am pleased to see how approachable you are here.

As for my plans and activity, stay tuned in the coming days for my plans for the wiki. I've sent Dave and email requesting access to the Wiki but I've yet to get a response so I'd like to wait for access before proceeding, but I just wanted everyone to know where that was going.

I look forward to seeing this. If your previous conduct is any indication of your future conduct, I believe you shall perform an excellent job in your new role.

Thank you and for all those who supported my nomination for the job, I much appreciate your confidence in me.

Thank you for providing me with the confidence to vote for your confirmation.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 02:58:26 PM »

One tip. Use categories when working on the Wiki, or else you will incur my wrath as never seen before.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 11:54:16 PM »

Any chance we could get a page for the current Senate? We are starting to pass some bills.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 11:59:10 PM »

Any chance we could get a page for the current Senate? We are starting to pass some bills.

Unfortunately Dave hasn't responded to my request for Wiki access yet, after several days now, so this request will have to be delegated out to those who currently have access. I'm sorry. Sad
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 12:03:12 AM »

Unfortunately Dave hasn't responded to my request for Wiki access yet, after several days now, so this request will have to be delegated out to those who currently have access. I'm sorry. Sad

Oh, sorry to hear that. Dave has been kind of unresponsive as of late. Sad
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 05:38:08 AM »

Oh, sorry to hear that. Dave has been kind of unresponsive as of late. Sad

Rest assured that once I'm notified by Dave that I have a wiki account, my plan for the wiki will go public and hopefully get into full swing right away. Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 06:40:13 AM »

Message from the Attorney General:

I have made some private suggestions to Senator Realisticidealist for some Forum-Affairs legislation concerning the Introduction to Atlasia Act. I hope that it is introduced and considered by the Senate as quickly as the body can move. A copy of the bill I drafted and submitted privately to the Senator for his consideration for introduction can be distributed by my office upon request.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 03:25:22 PM »

I'm going on Easter break soon, so I can take care of logging passed bills on the wiki until you gain access. I have some experience with logging bills.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 07:52:29 AM »

I think I'll send Dave another message about Wiki access, since it's been something like a week now.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 07:52:21 AM »

I think I'll send Dave another message about Wiki access, since it's been something like a week now.

Second message sent to Dave concerning my wiki access. I apologize to everyone for this, I've tried to be patient with waiting for Dave's response. Sad
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 07:53:11 AM »

Not sure why you're having trouble, it only took Dave a day to give me my access.

Anyway, don't worry, it's not your fault.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 11:54:06 AM »

Not sure why you're having trouble, it only took Dave a day to give me my access.

Anyway, don't worry, it's not your fault.

It also only took him a day for me. This is really odd.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 08:20:01 AM »

Still waiting on wiki access..

Goodness.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 08:37:15 AM »

Ask somebody to lend you their Wiki account. That's all.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 08:47:09 AM »

Ask somebody to lend you their Wiki account. That's all.

If this continues on for much longer I may have to. I don't understand how Dave could be so inattentive.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 12:34:40 PM »

Marokai I ask that you sue the SE region for violation of the consitution for their freedom of currency act.  This is a clearly unconstitutional measure and it is of course your job as the nation's AG to protect the laws of the land, the foremost of which is the consitution.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 01:17:55 PM »

I second my colleague's request.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 01:25:54 PM »

As a concerned resident of the Southeast I wholeheartedly agree with my preceeding colleages. The "Freedom of Currency Act" is blatantly unconstitutional and I will personally sue if neccesary.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 04:29:01 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2009, 04:36:07 PM by AG Marokai Blue »

Marokai I ask that you sue the SE region for violation of the consitution for their freedom of currency act.  This is a clearly unconstitutional measure and it is of course your job as the nation's AG to protect the laws of the land, the foremost of which is the consitution.

I've been and still am, very ill lately, but sufficed to say I've been planning to do just that. My apologies for being a little distant in the last day or two. I'm sure I'll get over this bug soon. Sad
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 06:01:08 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2009, 06:11:57 PM by AG Marokai Blue »

Section 5 of Article 1 of the Constitution clearly says that the Senate shall create and regulate the sole currency of Atlasia. Section 7 of Article 1 of the Constitution clearly says that Regions are denied the power to create their own currencies or institute any other currency as legal tender in their region.

As such, I will now be bringing charges to the court against the Southeast Region on the grounds that they have violated Article 1, Section 7, Clause 2 of the Constitution of Atlasia with the "Freedom of Currency Amendment."
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 01:30:58 AM »

I have filed my brief in the case of Atlasia v. Southeast which can be viewed here.

I encourage all citizens to follow the case and to direct their questions or comments concerning the case to my office, as I'm sure the justices wouldn't like citizens barging into the courtroom. Tongue

Thank you all,
AG Marokai Blue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 05:29:31 PM »

Message from the Attorney General

Under the Voting Whilst Banned Act it is a crime to vote while under a ban from doing so from the Supreme Court. Benconstine, unfortunately, violated this Act on April 15th, 2009, by casting a vote in the national Senate elections before his voting ban expired.

As such, Benconstine now stands charged with violating the Voting Whilst Banned Act. Charges will be brought before the court shortly.

AG Marokai Blue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 03:22:12 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2009, 11:20:25 PM by AG Marokai Blue »

The President has placed me in charge of constructing a new Introduction to Atlasia thread, allowed as outlined by the amendment to the Introduction to Atlasia Act passed not long ago.

Before creating this thread, however, I would like to have in place the proper summaries for four political parties, the Jesus Christ Party, the Democratic Alliance, the Regional Protection Party, and the Horse takes up painting.. Party. I have contacted each party chair for the (up to) 100 word summaries but have yet to receive a summary from a single one of the chairmen. (DWTL is exempt from this as criticism, as he kindly informed me he was busy.)

In any case, I would like to point out my progress to the public and ask once again for the summaries I would like to have in place before the publishing of the new thread.

Thank you all,
AG Marokai Blue
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies