DWTL Region Shrinking Plan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:42:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DWTL Region Shrinking Plan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DWTL Region Shrinking Plan  (Read 22559 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: March 22, 2009, 01:08:35 PM »

I think than we should draw a population equality map, and after, follow the Afleitch process for the states wanting to change regions.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 04:26:49 PM »

A 3 region split trying to attain a similar number of voters in each regions would at best look like this

DWTL's split would leave 2 regions with 40+ voters and the Southeast with about 25 or so. Any carve up into 3 would have to be a variation on West/Central/East.

That's much better. That does not look like a RPP gerrymandering.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 07:03:57 PM »

In the past, for redistricting, we used the number of voters in the last Presidential election for population purposes. I think it might be preferable to the number of registered voters.
I was just thinking the same thing.  The West contained about 10 SDP voters that have never participated in Atlasia.

Pacific, not West. And we don't like those inactive voters, even if they are in our party.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 08:28:59 PM »

As I've said, I object to any map that does not keep all of the Old Confederacy in one region.

Well, we have to break up with the past to go forward. All regions will do sacrifices, I don't understand why you shouldn't.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 09:53:01 PM »

As I've said, I object to any map that does not keep all of the Old Confederacy in one region.

By the way, you are not a delegate, you are a felon.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 11:22:04 PM »

Rather than doing it by arbitrary geographic means, why don't we look up partisan distribution by state and use that to make competitive regions (i.e., ones with relatively equal numbers of RPP, JCP, SDP, DA)?

Impossible, because of the JCP and of the RPP. Too concentrated in the same place.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 11:43:45 PM »

I don't think population and/or parties should be considered.  It is way to easy to self-gerrymand as the RPP has proved

Population is a good way to avoid unintentional gerrymandering, like you have proven.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies