DWTL Region Shrinking Plan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:59:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DWTL Region Shrinking Plan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DWTL Region Shrinking Plan  (Read 22557 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: March 22, 2009, 04:40:13 PM »

I prefer DWTL's map because it looks alot better to me and seems pretty reasonably (Western states are in the west, Southern states, in a Southern region, etc) without trying to mix and match states from different regions. I know some of you are worried about "gerrymandering" but people are bound to move states regardless of whatever map is made, guys.

That being said, I do support the idea of 3 regions, as regional government is largely inactive and regional elections mostly uncompetitive. We need some change there.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 10:34:54 PM »

I don't see the point of arbitrarily keeping certain states in certain groups. There is no "confederacy" here and there's no real need for them to be kept together. However, there is the point that you can't just slap a name on a collection of states and expect them to make sense.

(For instance, Texas is part of the South, so it would be silly to not include it in a southern region. But there is no reason for including Virginia or Missouri in a Southern region since they're not literally in the Southern portion of Atlasia.)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 11:41:06 PM »

LOL, the states around the Great Lakes are in a region named 'South'.

Yeah, I was about the say the same thing. It seems nonsensical to include Minnesota in a "Southern" region.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies