DWTL Region Shrinking Plan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:02:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DWTL Region Shrinking Plan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DWTL Region Shrinking Plan  (Read 22558 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: March 22, 2009, 05:19:52 PM »

Here's another plan that tries to break up the current regions and make new ones, though due to its geographical location the Northeast is difficult to divide up.

I'm still not convinced that regions should necessarily be kept though. I don't know that making them larger would necessarily do anything to make them more interesting.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 12:33:43 AM »

LOL, the states around the Great Lakes are in a region named 'South'.

Yeah, I was about the say the same thing. It seems nonsensical to include Minnesota in a "Southern" region.

Well, it should be called the Central Region or something, but Ben just loves him the South way more than is healthy.

Apparently my proposal is too radical to merit discussion, as per usual.

I support it above all others, although I have nothing further to add. But others have a romantic love for regions which cannot be explained by reason. Indeed, no one has yet offered a serious defense for the continuation of regions. If no one does so, I will make a big stink about it.

For the record, I also support abolishing the regions. They can stay as symbolic entities (if we'd like to remain a federal system), but they shouldn't be given any in-game duties or responsibilities or offices or anything.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies