DWTL Region Shrinking Plan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:29:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DWTL Region Shrinking Plan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DWTL Region Shrinking Plan  (Read 22586 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: March 22, 2009, 02:54:55 PM »

Change state lines!

Now that's a radical idea.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:01:15 AM »

Rather than doing it by arbitrary geographic means, why don't we look up partisan distribution by state and use that to make competitive regions (i.e., ones with relatively equal numbers of RPP, JCP, SDP, DA)?

This is a non-partisan convention. We're not here to do favours for our respective parties or gerrymander regions.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 02:55:09 PM »

When I first joined, I registered in Minnesota but soon moved to Virginia since I didn't like the silliness/regime of the Midwest.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 08:26:18 PM »

But... but... you MUST object to that map, no?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 03:29:40 PM »

OK, I couldn't get the map to be more than 4 colors, but I present a 9 region plan, based on Afleitch's population map. The Northeast is split into 3 regions, which are not shown on the map. Two regions each share the colors blue and red, but they are not one region. Take only the contiguous regions. Alaska is part of Washington's region and Hawaii is part of CA's. The Southern gray area is one region, but can be split in two to make a 10th region if necessary. The Northeast could be split 4 ways instead of 3 to serve the same purpose.

3/4 of those regions would be inactive. There would be a whole lot of trouble to actually get one name on the ballot in every regional election in those regions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies