Poll about Mitt Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:15:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Poll about Mitt Romney
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Poll
Question: Which of these three best describes Mitt Romney?
Mitt Romney was born great

Mitt Romney had greatness thrust upon him

Mitt Romney achieved greatness

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Poll about Mitt Romney  (Read 19929 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 09:12:09 PM »

I would be pleased with President Romney, however, even I would not support a King Romney.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 12:23:04 AM »

I would be pleased with President Romney, however, even I would not support a King Romney.

King Mitt I isn't a pleasant idea, not least in that he has five children.  Because the US does not do primogeniture and entail, we'd be split into five bits after His Majesty passes.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 08:30:34 AM »

King Mitt I isn't a pleasant idea, not least in that he has five children.  Because the US does not do primogeniture and entail, we'd be split into five bits after His Majesty passes.

Considering his large number of grandchildren, we'd be three generations away from looking like the Holy Roman Empire, ca. 1648:

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 08:49:14 PM »

I doubt it would be King Mitt I. More likely it would be King Willard I. Since the US is so large it would actually be Emperor or Tsar Willard I. Plus I doubt the country would be split up amongs his sons. More then likely only his oldest son would inherit the throne and the rest would be given titles and large palaces, thats how things were done in France, Russia, and Spain. Granted they had there little domains but they always fell under the supreme authority of the Autocrat and there positions were more akin to that of Governor or Mayor. What would we call the heir? France had Duc de Dauphine, and Prince Imperial; Russia had the Tsarevich.

Inspite of my support of Romney I would have to join a group as old as Monarchs, LIBERAL REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2009, 09:15:33 PM »

I would hope that he would take the name Willard I.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2009, 09:23:43 PM »

I would hope that he would take the name Willard I.

I hope we never get to find out.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2009, 09:58:03 PM »

Hmmm.

Let me think about this.

Some of you have proposed King Mitt I, or King Willard I.

Hmmm.

You know, the House of Romney may not be such a bad idea after all.

Historically, as you may be aware, a monarch can take a name by which he will be known as king, whether that name is one of his given names or not.  So I'm thinking perhaps that Mitt may just take the name of King George I, in honor of his father.  Then again, using the name George I may be problematic, as people may become confused and think that it is after Dubya.

So I'm thinking Mitt may take two names as king, after two Presidents who consistently rate as two of the best and greatest Presidents in history, therefore, Mitt may decide on the title King Theodore Franklin I, which also adds a bipartisan flair to his new title.

Hmmm. 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2009, 04:52:09 PM »

I think King Willard I is the best choice for Governor Romney. He needs to decide though, what to choose. After all, he will (hopefully) be the first King of America.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2009, 07:14:58 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2009, 07:18:36 AM by Mr. Morden »

I should link this thead whenever I'm accused of having a crush on opebo.

You have a crush on opebo?

You could do worse you know.

This may be the creepiest comment in the thread.....and that's saying something.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2009, 03:27:42 PM »

There is no Used Car Salesman option.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2009, 04:10:44 PM »

Quick... everyone "flaunt" the language rules of the forum so that Winfield can send me another bitchy msg about cracking down on "foul" language.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2009, 04:24:04 PM »

Quick... everyone "flaunt" the language rules of the forum so that Winfield can send me another bitchy msg about cracking down on "foul" language.

Are you serious? Cheesy
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2009, 04:40:15 PM »

Are you serious? Cheesy

Wish I weren't.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2009, 01:18:49 AM »

NOTA.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2009, 05:31:24 PM »

I hate Romney with every inch of my body. If he does win the Republican Nom in 2012, I will be voting 3rd party. Also, the south would be in play as well.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2009, 05:38:01 PM »

I hate Romney with every inch of my body. If he does win the Republican Nom in 2012, I will be voting 3rd party. Also, the south would be in play as well.

If I didn't know you better, I would say your opposition was Religious in nature. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2009, 05:41:01 PM »

Romney will choose a VP who is socially conservative, but doesn't make an issue of it. Someone like Mitch Daniels, who would bring economic experience as well as please social conservatives.
Romney wasn't even that weak in the South, and came very close to winning several primaries. Had he won Florida, he probably would have had momentum to win Missouri, Georgia, and possibly Tennessee.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2009, 05:49:14 PM »

lol you voted obama
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2009, 05:51:30 PM »

Romney will choose a VP who is socially conservative, but doesn't make an issue of it. Someone like Mitch Daniels, who would bring economic experience as well as please social conservatives.
Romney wasn't even that weak in the South, and came very close to winning several primaries. Had he won Florida, he probably would have had momentum to win Missouri, Georgia, and possibly Tennessee.

^^^ This

The only states he got murdered in were Alabama, Arkansas, Louisana, South Carolina and of course those that came after he dropped out. But he was reasonably close in MO, GA, and TN. The above aren't going Dem anytime soon, expecially against Obama.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2009, 05:51:59 PM »

Romney is slime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY6UTnS6Z-A

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2009, 06:28:00 PM »

The blue states are states that Romney will easily win in 2012, given that Obama's approval ratings are less than 55, maybe even 60%. The only way the South would be when Obama is leading by double-digits. You could also reverse that and say the Northeast could come into play... if Obama's approval ratings are below 40%.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2009, 06:31:03 PM »

The blue states are states that Romney will easily win in 2012, given that Obama's approval ratings are less than 55, maybe even 60%. The only way the South would be when Obama is leading by double-digits. You could also reverse that and say the Northeast could come into play... if Obama's approval ratings are below 40%.

KY and WV safe for Romney?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2009, 06:35:57 PM »

Yeah, assuming the election isn't a landslide. Romney would have won both in 2008. Keep in mind, these are states that have struggling economies. There are a lot of lower-class whites in these states. Now they might vote for Clinton over Romney, but not Obama.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2009, 06:41:29 PM »

Yeah, assuming the election isn't a landslide. Romney would have won both in 2008. Keep in mind, these are states that have struggling economies. There are a lot of lower-class whites in these states. Now they might vote for Clinton over Romney, but not Obama.

You're porbably right.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2009, 07:34:47 PM »

No.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies