Organization of the Convention

<< < (2/4) > >>

Verily:
Quote from: Sen. DownWithTheLeft on March 15, 2009, 12:16:33 AM

I think we should have a PO holding basically the same powers as the PPT in the senate

I considered that, but the Senate and this Convention have very different natures. We're not going to be introducing proposals and then shortly thereafter voting on them. Most of our energy will be directed towards discussing difficult issues before any proposals are put forward. That means the Presiding Officer needs to have both more and less discretionary power than the Senate's President pro tempore.

afleitch:
I second Verily.

I also tend to believe that the PO should not hold a 'high' federal office (how we define that is another matter) Whoever it is has to be active and as impartial as possible.

DownWithTheLeft:
Quote from: afleitch on March 15, 2009, 11:33:47 AM

I also tend to believe that the PO should not hold a 'high' federal office (how we define that is another matter) Whoever it is has to be active and as impartial as possible.

I think another important quality is that the person should be involved with Atlasia for awhile, preferrably enough to know what failed with the last convention, but that is not key.  I, however, disagree and think the PO should be someone who does not hold a federal office at all and preferrably not a governor either.

I think Verily or Moderate would make a wonderful choice

Franzl:
Verily would be great.

DownWithTheLeft:
I'm thinking about it more and thinking other than for a few housekeeping ideas, why do we need a PO?  It seems like there will not be a lot of voting going on until much later in the convention.

I wish to formally nominate Verily for the position at this time

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page