Smid's Diplomacy Game Thread #2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:51:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Smid's Diplomacy Game Thread #2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16
Author Topic: Smid's Diplomacy Game Thread #2  (Read 56480 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2009, 03:49:48 AM »

Following retreats, the map appears thus:

Builds are:

F Build 1
R N/A
I N/A
G Remove 2
A N/A
T N/A
E N/A
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2009, 05:40:59 AM »

F Mars please and thank you
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2009, 05:42:45 AM »

Dead0man is invading Mars!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2009, 05:55:09 AM »

Uranus is next!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2009, 06:27:12 AM »

Hol and Ruh
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2009, 08:33:24 PM »

Cheers fellas, I'll fix that tonight when I get home from work.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #206 on: June 03, 2009, 07:33:56 AM »

Builds for Winter 1906 were:

F Build F Marseilles
R N/A
I N/A
G Remove A Holland, Remove A Ruhr
A N/A
T N/A
E N/A

The map therefore appears thus:

I leave for Brisbane on Saturday 6 June and return Saturday 6 July. I'll probably have internet access and be able to keep up, but it's probably better if someone else manages the game for the next few turns... Muon, would you mind stepping in for me for the next few weeks?
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #207 on: June 03, 2009, 12:52:52 PM »

I leave for Brisbane on Saturday 6 June and return Saturday 6 July. I'll probably have internet access and be able to keep up, but it's probably better if someone else manages the game for the next few turns... Muon, would you mind stepping in for me for the next few weeks?

I'd be happy to sub. PM me with any submission expectations you're using and processing details that I can emulate.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2009, 07:34:10 PM »

Gustaf advises me that I made a mistake in detailing his orders. His fleet in the Norwegian Sea was ordered to the North Atlantic Ocean rather than to the North Sea. This mistaken order did not impact on the result of German results and I'll correct it this evening.

I'd be happy to sub. PM me with any submission expectations you're using and processing details that I can emulate.

Thanks for that! I'll PM you the details.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #209 on: June 04, 2009, 08:39:35 AM »

This map is corrected to reflect the mistake I made in Gustaf's orders:

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2009, 10:41:38 PM »

Submit our moves to Muon next week?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2009, 11:37:55 PM »

Submit our moves to Muon next week?

No - this week, I fly out tonight.

I'll forward to him any orders I've already received, but I would advise everyone to also PM their orders to him if they have not already done so.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2009, 11:39:27 PM »

Oops, yeah, I meant this week.  I already sent him mine.  I guess I viewed "weeks" in this context to only mean the single day when our moves are received, if that makes sense.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2009, 11:45:01 PM »

No worries mate.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2009, 12:07:54 AM »

Safe travels, Smid!
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #215 on: June 06, 2009, 11:04:44 PM »

Spring 1907 Movement:
Judge's note - The realpolitik server was down today, so I couldn't get the program Smid uses. I used the java based jDip for the maps. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Austria:
A bud Supports A tri
A rum Supports A bud
A sev -> ukrBounced with gal (1 against 1).
A tri Supports A pie -> tyr
F ven Supports A tri

England:
F edi -> yor; Bounced with lon (1 against 1).
F lon -> yor; Bounced with edi (1 against 1).
F nao -> mao

France:
A bel -> wal; Convoy path taken: bel→eng→wal.
F eng Convoys A bel -> wal
F mar -> pie
A naf -> tun
F tys -> rom; Bounced with rom (1 against 1); Dislodged from tun (3 against 1).
F wes Supports A naf -> tun

Germany:
A boh Supports A tyr
A gal -> ukr; Bounced with sev (1 against 1).
F hel -> nth; Failed because Germany: F nth -> lon failed.
F nth -> lon; Failed because England: F lon -> yor failed.
A nwy -> stp
F ska Supports F hel -> nth
A stp -> lvn
A tyr Supports F mar -> pie
A vie -> gal; Failed because Germany: A gal -> ukr failed.
A war Supports A gal -> ukr; Support cut by Move from Moscow.

Italy:
A pie -> tyr; Bounced with tyr (2 against 2); Dislodged from mar (2 against 1).
F rom Supports F tun -> tys
F tun -> tys

Russia:
A mos -> war; Bounced with war (1 against 1).

Turkey:
A arm -> sev; Failed because Austria: A sev -> ukr failed.
F bla Convoys A bul -> arm
A bul -> arm; Failed because Turkey: A arm -> sev failed; Convoy path taken: bul→bla→arm.
F gre Supports F ion
F ion Supports F tun -> tys

Retreats are needed for the Italian army in Piedmont (pie) and the French fleet in Tyrrhenian Sea (tys).
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #216 on: June 06, 2009, 11:14:30 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2009, 11:17:38 PM by Lunar »

Thanks sir.  I like that map better anyway Smiley 

Looks like Italy Austria offered Sev to Turkey and England is seeking a summer home in Portugal.  Interesting.

Russia can see how good of a friend his new allies are next turn by whether or not they offer him Sev.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #217 on: June 07, 2009, 05:04:51 AM »

I find it hard to read that map.

I retreat to Switzerland. If that's illegal I retreat to the Gulf of Lion. If that's illegal I retreat to Marseilles. And if that's illegal I retreat to Tuscany.

Damn, so many empty countries around me, yet so few options.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #218 on: June 07, 2009, 07:13:07 AM »

The Fleet in Tys retreats to Nap.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #219 on: June 07, 2009, 07:48:35 AM »

The retreats after spring 1907 are
France: F tys -> nap
Italy: A pie -> tus

The map to start fall 1907 looks like the following. I have posted both the map with modern symbols as well as a version with period symbols as well. Let me know if you have a preference for the modern or period style.

Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #220 on: June 07, 2009, 08:54:31 AM »

I prefer the first version.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #221 on: June 07, 2009, 12:04:34 PM »

I guess I have a slight preference to include the short names on each province, I just downloaded the program you're using so I know it can be done Smiley  Smid almost never did that himself, so I don't know how other peeps feel.

Right now I have to have two maps open to make sure all of my orders are correct.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #222 on: June 07, 2009, 01:53:25 PM »

I prefer the second version.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #223 on: June 08, 2009, 01:16:35 AM »
« Edited: June 08, 2009, 01:33:19 AM by Lunar »

So, a few business notes, mostly for Muon... Smiley  (I think everyone can skim it through but I gotta write this out long-style)  Some random things are highlighted in patriotic colors.

1)  I'm leaving for Indonesia Saturday evening next week.  I don't know when I'll next have access to a computer and I'll be in transit for probably over 30 hours.  This could be slightly problematic because two sets of moves will be needed after we submit our orders, both the retreat and the builds.  Assuming my grand strategy doesn't change, this will most likely involve building zero, one, or two armies in Munich and then Berlin, if applicable at all.  It does not seem especially likely that I would suffer a net loss of supply centers next turn since I am planning on taking Moscow and cannot be stopped (sorry Russia) and the only other supply center vulnerable is Vienna.  Since I am not planning on gifting Russia either Warsaw or StP, there are no supply centers bordering any additional non-German units outside of Vie.  I will note to Muon which unit I'd get rid of should something unexpected happen.  Should something even more unexpected happen and alliances shift significantly, I would very much like to reexamine my builds, but I will accept the above prognosis if that helps the game move along. 

1b)  It'd be easiest for me if I was told any retreats I have by the early evening, or preferably early afternoon, Saturday, Illinois time.  The wife [girlfriend] is going to Shanghai and I'll be heading off for some amount of hours to take her to the airport.  You wouldn't need to post a map or anything, you could just copy & paste what happened and send it in a PM.  However, if this is problematic in even a remotely small way, I could prepare preliminary retreat orders for any unit that could be in danger of retreating.  Alternatively, a neutral or allied party could conduct my retreats for me.  I am not overly-confident, but I am not hanging by the bare wire and I know this game would still be competitive even if some horrible retreat orders are made, so I'm willing to accept any setback necessary for the sake of convenience Smiley

2) Once I'm in Indonesia, I'm not sure how much control over my own schedule I will have.  I will have internet access, but I don't know if it's the type of internet access I'll be able to regularly use for this game -- I'll probably end up conducting my strategy earlier in the week should I be able to confidently do so at all.  I think I'm 60-70% likely to be able to continue playing after next week, but there's a reasonable chance I will not be able to.  Thus, I'd like to be able to have a "potential standby" week after this weeks' set of orders, where if I discover I'm not able to continue playing this game, I can pass the baton over to my replacement and let him have a full week to familiarize himself with my position before being thrust into having to make a decision.  I don't expect this to be necessary, but is this acceptable to everyone? I'm letting everyone know early so nothing is sprung on anyone.  Let me know if this is any imposition at all.  I just sort of have to touch base down on the ground there before I know what my complete internet situation will be like.

2b) *Should this happen* I'd strongly encourage Mikado to continue playing in my spirit, so as to not dramatically change the game for my friends and allies alike Smiley.  I'll tell him my status and working relationship with every nation, send him a few maps with this cool jDip application I just downloaded with my moves planned out in a preliminary sense only to give him an idea of my grand strategy, not to dictate his moves for him.  I have yet to formally ask Mikado to fulfill this crappy "potential stand-in" role, but is it ok with everyone if he does this? If it's more fair to Mikado, I don't mind fully passing off the baton either.  I haven't thought too much about the ethics of this all, so let me know Wink 

BUT, outside of the expedited moves [for me] next weekend before I take off on a ridiculously long plane ride, I hope nothing will change.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #224 on: June 08, 2009, 03:19:47 AM »

I have no objection to anything Lunar has set out above.
On the aesthetics of the maps, I agree with Lewis.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies