America 2050- We talk about future elections...but what will the stances be? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:00:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  America 2050- We talk about future elections...but what will the stances be? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: America 2050- We talk about future elections...but what will the stances be?  (Read 13960 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: February 18, 2009, 04:13:30 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yes, I agree.

I think that USA will evoluate to the left after Obama's presidency. Obama is a great politician, as great as Reagan. Reagan managed to destroy New Deal's Social-Democrat/Liberal coalition and build an ideological system based on the hate of federal government and a return to traditional values. Today, these ideology is strongly discredited by Irak war and economic crisis. Obama's words and acts are particularly audacious, and they could deeply change Americans mentalities.
In 2050, social issues will be totally inexistent, because they are old-fashionned. Abortion, homosexual civil unions... are necessary progresses. Economic issues will probably be preminent in the political debate. I think that Democrats are going to seem more to european social-democrat parties, promoting welfare state and reduction of inequalities, whereas Republicans will continue to advocate economical conservativism.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 05:04:05 PM »

Today, I can't be pessimistic : Nothing is impossible. Great progresses have been made between 1945 and 1980 : USA legalized abortion, death penality has even been briefly abolished... today civil unions are likely to be legalized in several states.
Reagan managed to stop the movement for 30 years, but this time is finished. I don't want to be arrogant, but I think that in this case USA should took European coutries as an example. Ultraconservatives have less influence here, and more social progresses have been made. Europe have for example abolished death penality ( France has not to be proud about that, we have been the last to do so ).
To conclude, I want to say : "Yes, we can !"
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 03:36:27 PM »

Sounds like Futurama to me. I bet the world would probably be like Futurama by like 2250, if we discover how to travel in relativistic dimensons and speeds. Then again, if we ever did get FTL, would it change the world that much?

1. Someone would assassinate Hitler.

2. Someone would assassinate Stalin.

3. Someone would assassinate Miguel de Torquemada. (Spanish Inquisition)

4. Someone would betray John Gacy and Ted Bundy to the relevant police forces.

5. Someone might bring a bicycle to the Roman Empire (I can't imagine a technology that would have done more good for more people at the right time) and show how to use it.

6. Someone might lock the door to the President's box at Ford's Theater during a performance of Our American Cousin in April 1865.

Yeah, you're right. Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies