California hopes to close large deficit by cutting taxes for large corporations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:24:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  California hopes to close large deficit by cutting taxes for large corporations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: California hopes to close large deficit by cutting taxes for large corporations  (Read 3780 times)
rob in cal
« on: February 15, 2009, 12:59:57 PM »

Concerning Prop. 13 I agree it is a crapshoot. My house is assessed at 2000 dollars in tax per year. If I sold it to someone else they'd now pay about 4,000.  Still, with all the new development over the years, plus the normal buying and selling of houses that goes on, I wonder how many people there are who are paying ridiculously low levels of property tax. I can think of a few people I know off hand, but lots of others who bought homes in the 90's and 2000's who are paying close to their assessed value.
    Personally, I'd be up for closing the school year a few months early, as my son who goes to public school would like to be home schooled which we do now with our daughter.  Of course I realize that would be a huge disaster for many people.  Also, what about emptying California's prisons of non-violent drug offenders, anyone in for sports bookmaking, things like that. Probably not many of them, but thats a little start.
    Agreed that its disturbing to have people vote on proposition issues when they know so little about whats involved.  I often ask co-workers and friends about what they are doing with propositions and am actually relieved that many who do vote actually take some time to study whats on the ballot, and many who are clueless don't vote anyway. I always tell people that if you know what you are doing on some issues but haven't studied up on all candidates or props to just vote what you know about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies