Peter Schiff to Challenge Dodd for Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:52:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Peter Schiff to Challenge Dodd for Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Peter Schiff to Challenge Dodd for Senate  (Read 12107 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 10:01:33 PM »

Is Dodd under investigation?  Should be.  He reeks from the whole country wide scandal...yet another corrupt democrat.  I hope Connecticut voters have the sense to turn him out (since the democrat president hasn't kept his promise to bring ethics to Washington) and elect a Republican, preferably a conservative one.

However, Connecticut voters haven't chosen a real conservative for Senator, Governor or Congress in ages.  Just democrats and liberal Republicans...  yuck.

I just lambasted a bunch of conservative activists for suggesting we should primary Snowe and Collins. Now you want to defeat Dodd with a conservative Republican. Please forgive me while I am ROFLOL. Conservativism stops at the Hudson my friend. You want to defeat Dodd your choice is a Paulite Libertarian like Schiff or a Moderate Republican Rob Simmons. Take your pick. There is no such thing as a Connecticut conservative.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 03:53:43 AM »

"an electable Connecticut conservative" -- there has to be a few non-electable types up there somewhere, maybe living in trailer parks outside Hartford or something.  As a side note, does it come as a surprise to non-New England types that Hartford is like 40% Latino (mainly Puerto Rican) and 40% black?  I saw a Gang Violence special on Hartford on the History Channel and it blew me away that they weren't like WASP orchard farmers gunning each other down between the almond groves.

I think Dodd is within reach, a long reach, but feasible.  Menendez obviously doesn't have the stature to encourage Dodd to retire (couldn't we have kept Schumer on?).  I signed up for the DSCC's email list months ago but have yet to get any mail.  Anyway, an ever-so-slim majority of voters now think Dodd shouldn't be reelected.  HOWEVER, some percentage, probably a significant slice since it's CT, are going to be die-hard liberals (and another slice are going to be tossup voters, no matter how crummy Dodd is).

So yeah, I doubt Dodd could be beaten anytime this week, but we gots two years yaddamean?

Coburn In 2012

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 02:40:59 PM »

Is Dodd under investigation?  Should be.  He reeks from the whole country wide scandal...yet another corrupt democrat.  I hope Connecticut voters have the sense to turn him out (since the democrat president hasn't kept his promise to bring ethics to Washington) and elect a Republican, preferably a conservative one.

However, Connecticut voters haven't chosen a real conservative for Senator, Governor or Congress in ages.  Just democrats and liberal Republicans...  yuck.

I just lambasted a bunch of conservative activists for suggesting we should primary Snowe and Collins. Now you want to defeat Dodd with a conservative Republican. Please forgive me while I am ROFLOL. Conservativism stops at the Hudson my friend. You want to defeat Dodd your choice is a Paulite Libertarian like Schiff or a Moderate Republican Rob Simmons. Take your pick. There is no such thing as a Connecticut conservative.

I don't disagree with the truth of that but it's a terrible shame.  New England is disgustingly liberal.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 05:47:53 PM »

I don't disagree with the truth of that but it's a terrible shame.  New England is disgustingly liberal.

We must not pass judgemtent on a region of the country just cause you don't like there politics. Without New England there would not be a conservative movement today. Indeed both conservative and liberal ideology has roots in New England.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 05:54:24 PM »

"an electable Connecticut conservative" -- there has to be a few non-electable types up there somewhere, maybe living in trailer parks outside Hartford or something.  As a side note, does it come as a surprise to non-New England types that Hartford is like 40% Latino (mainly Puerto Rican) and 40% black?  I saw a Gang Violence special on Hartford on the History Channel and it blew me away that they weren't like WASP orchard farmers gunning each other down between the almond groves.

WASP's in Ct.  Maybe in VT, NH or ME. If I saw had seen it, which I probably did, I would have been blown away by the fact that it wasn't Irish gangs fighting Italian gangs. WASP's probably make up 20% of the population of CT. Most cities have high African American and Hispanic populations now. Your WASP orchard farmers are in Litchfield and other rural areas.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 11:07:25 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2009, 11:10:01 AM by Mr. Moderate »

As a side note, does it come as a surprise to non-New England types that Hartford is like 40% Latino (mainly Puerto Rican) and 40% black?  I saw a Gang Violence special on Hartford on the History Channel and it blew me away that they weren't like WASP orchard farmers gunning each other down between the almond groves.[/i]

Did you just not know that Hartford is, like, a real city?  With buildings and stuff?

Funny, because I was just having a conversation with a co-worker yesterday about how glad we are that New England isn't like the rest of the country.  A socially liberal save haven from those who want to rule from Mount Horeb or whatever.

Back on topic, I really like Rob Simmons, and would love to see him mount a bid for the Senate here.  Or even Chris Shays.  Failing that, I'd love to see Schiff run for the seat, if only because it would just make for a fantastic public ideological debate on the country's economy that I think we could really use right now.
RBH

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2009, 01:40:45 AM »

I'm amazed that we topped 30 posts without someone mentioning that Schiff's father is Irwin Schiff, who is in prison for tax evasion.

And that Peter is a co-author of The Great Income Tax Hoax: Why You Can Immediately Stop Paying This Illegally Enforced Tax with his father.

More baggage than a jumbojet.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2009, 01:46:25 AM »

I'm amazed that we topped 30 posts without someone mentioning that Schiff's father is Irwin Schiff, who is in prison for tax evasion.

And that Peter is a co-author of The Great Income Tax Hoax: Why You Can Immediately Stop Paying This Illegally Enforced Tax with his father.

Schiff is probably not even a republican and has never even said that he wants to run.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2009, 04:58:24 AM »

This is what Schiff himself has said about running:

“I’m not running for anything. They’re hoping if they can raise a lot of money and start an organization, they can convince me and draft me into a senate campaign. I think it is a longshot,” he said. “Is it impossible? Nothing is impossible. Is there is a slim chance? The odds are I’m not going to do it. It’s just not something I think is the best use of my time. Even if I could become a senator, I don’t know what the hell I could do! I would be one guy out of a hundred.”

If somehow he did run and then get elected, Schiff said he was certain he could never get re-elected. He would work hard not to bring home the bacon, or the pork, to people in Connecticut.

“I’d be voting against them all! I’d be trying to protect Connecticut residents from the government. I won’t be [advocating] pet projects.”

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/02/netroots_promot.php
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 06:07:40 AM »

As a side note, does it come as a surprise to non-New England types that Hartford is like 40% Latino (mainly Puerto Rican) and 40% black?  I saw a Gang Violence special on Hartford on the History Channel and it blew me away that they weren't like WASP orchard farmers gunning each other down between the almond groves.[/i]

Did you just not know that Hartford is, like, a real city?  With buildings and stuff?

isn't it some kind of insurance headquarters for the entire world?  how do the gangsters fit into that outside of extortion
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 12:38:21 PM »

isn't it some kind of insurance headquarters for the entire world?  how do the gangsters fit into that outside of extortion

It is, but most of the offices are either in the same area as the capitol building, or on the outskirts of Hartford. If your not in that area, it's a pretty harsh place to be around like New Haven, Bridgeport and parts of Stamford and Norwalk.
Eleanor Martins
RedefiningForm
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.22

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2009, 12:32:32 AM »

lol @ Dagny Taggart at the schiff2010.com site.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2009, 09:58:24 PM »

Why should we keep paying taxes to the ZOG Banksters? I will personally donate to Shift if he runs. Is dad put his money where his mouth his and appeared in Aaron Russo's American Freedom to Fascism. Russo was going to run in 2008 as a Republican but he was poisoned because they elites were threatened. His last wish was to do what ever it takes to get Ron Paul into office.

Peter Schiff will get into the Senate and he will likely be the GOP nominee in 2016.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies